Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Правила раздела / Forum rules

Данный раздел существует для размещения особо важных новостей и новостей,не входящих в формат ни одного из существующих подфорумов. Для остального на форуме существуют новостные темы по жанрам музыки в соответствующих разделах обсуждений.
Администрация оставляет за собой право переноса Вашей новости, не вписывающейся в данный раздел, без сохранения авторства.

> Nevermore - "The Obsidian Conspiracy" (2010), Progressive Groovy Thrash Metal
post Jan 3 2010, 17:07:41
Post #1

Мегаманьяк
Group: Металариец
Releases: 9
On Forums: 17 years 2 months
Vatican City

NEVERMORE's new album, The Obsidian Conspiracy, is due out in early 2010 via Century Media Records. The band recently returned from Old Town Recording Studio in Winston Salem, North Carolina with Peter Wichers from SOILWORK producing. Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, ARCH ENEMY, EXODUS) is handling the mixing of the album in the UK. Song titles set to appear on the album include: 'Emptiness Unobstructed', 'And The Maiden Spoke', 'Without Morals', 'Termination Proclamation', 'The Obsidian Conspiracy', 'The Blue
Marble and the New Soul', 'She Comes In Colors', 'The Day You Built The Wall, 'Poison Throne'
and 'Beautiful Mistake'. The band also covered THE DOORS classic 'The Crystal Ship' and 'Transmission' by THE TEA PARTY during the sessions.

This post has been edited by forstrat: Jan 5 2010, 13:00:18

Go to the top of the page
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
post Jan 4 2010, 15:23:01
Post #2

Wrath of God 2
Releases: 62
On Forums: 14 years 11 months
Ukraine

Одна из моих любимых и уважаемых групп, жду этот релиз, думаю не подведут (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

(1) Tino,
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Jan 4 2010, 15:26:29
Post #3

Правь статус, ####!111
Releases: 0
On Forums: 16 years 2 months
Russian Federation

Один из самых ожидаемых мной релизов .

(1) Tino,
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Jan 4 2010, 15:45:29
Post #4

Девять Литров
On Forums: 16 years 2 weeks
China

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) plus one request, thanks beforehand

(1) Tino,
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Jan 20 2010, 20:32:40
Post #5

Литр
Group: Подсевший
On Forums: 15 years 8 months
Russian Federation

Да,великолепные парни! Тоже очень жду!

(1) Tino,
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Jan 21 2010, 09:10:53
Post #6

Три Литра
Group: Завсегдатай
On Forums: 15 years 11 months
Ukraine

Надеюсь, что на выпуске сего альбома не сильно отобразится Peter Wichers, как это было с сольником Warrel Dane .
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Jan 22 2010, 15:36:22
Post #7

Мегаманьяк
Vatican City

I don't believe that album will out on February. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile2.gif) Maybe April or May. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) It's silence about it in Nevermore's camp... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yuh.gif)
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Apr 8 2010, 10:35:40
Post #8

Мегаманьяк
Vatican City

Cover art
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Kopia_nevermoreobsid.jpg ( 298.61k ) Number of downloads: 596

Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Apr 14 2010, 21:04:24
Post #9

Мегаманьяк
Vatican City

"The Obsidian Conspiracy" preview!

Please, check these amazing fragments! Personally cannot wait for this album! I found press promo copy "The Obsidian Conspiracy" @ Soulseek, but guy who has it, don't shares that album anymore. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile2.gif) So, we must wait (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fear.gif)

(1) ДэтТ,
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Apr 16 2010, 11:52:33
Post #10

Три Литра
Releases: 5
Bulgaria

So… These days I went to the studio of a friend of mine who runs his regular metal radio station here and I had the opportunity to give the album a good amount of 20 spins since he got the promo. Here’s what I came up with after a lot of listening, though it needs even more, it seems:

One of the biggest hopes in metal, namely Nevermore, are finally back with their seventh studio album, titled “The Obsidian Conspiracy”. After the euphoria caused 5 years ago by the success of “This Godless Endeavor” it was quite logical for the band to take a long artistic break and re-charge with enough inspiration in order to come up with a successor worthy at least enough to match its predecessor. This 5-year break passed under the mark of 4 important occasions: the amazing DVD “The Year Of The Voyager” got finally released, both Jeff Loomis and Warrel Dane came up with their solo works, and the guys from Nevermore were once again deprived of the services of their second guitarist (which in “This Godless Endeavor” was Steve Smyth).

read more
So, the time for a new musical masterpiece has finally come and all expectations got raised to the sky as if by command - personally for me, it’s one of the most anticipated records in 2010. Even from the deep, thick opening riffs of the short “The Termination Proclamation” it’s pretty clear that Nevermore’s class and professional approach is something almost impossible to be achieved by 9 of 10 bands in the genre. The hit-like track, suitable enough to give a starting point of the album, suddenly transforms into the solemnly epic spirit of “Your Poison Throne”. Here, just like in the follower “Moonrise (Through Mirrors Of Death)”, the composition is developed to a frightening scale level with a lot of diversity in both expression and emotion. Nevermore, alike another favorite band of mine – Queensryche, have perfected the ability to concentrate everything they have to say in the ranks of 4-5 minutes, which in the end results into a memorizable song instead of mix of technical pretentiousness. In these two songs, the difference between “The Obsidian Conspiracy” and the band’s two previous albums becomes clear – the guitar solos of Loomis are way more structured, firm, harmonized and yet melodic. While in “This Godless Endeavor” all solos were played with more ostentation, everything here is subordinate to the song idea and the overall mood of the concrete track. “And The Maiden Spoke” impress with the well-known magnificent vocal accuracy of Warrel (along with dazzling lyrics), while “Emptiness Unobstructer” is without a doubt the song with the most hymn-spirited chorus in the whole record. The depression in “The Blue Marble And The New Soul” gets universal dimensions – the entire progress of the song is composed in an absolutely masterful way and the culmination is strikingly great. “Without Morals” steps in with yet another memorizable chorus (maybe even a little bit over the top) and without a doubt the best solo in the album; The fact that the melodies are layed down by more than two guitars make me think that it’s highly possible for Nevermore to attract a second guitarist for the upcoming tour. “The Day You Built The Wall” is the most forgettable song in the album – created by stereotype pattern through which musicians with Nevermore’s talent can easily compose over 30 tracks alike with an ease. This doesn’t in any way mean the track is weak though – together with the opener it’s just different from the other eight and doesn’t strike with originality and variations in both guitar and vocal melodical structures. These songs are the only ones which don’t carry the potential energetic charge of the others in order to impress with new sensations during each next listening.
The album ends with the splendid “She Comes In Colors” with its hellish twists and turns in the tempo, and the homonymous song that represents the utmost class of Nevermore speaking of rhythm section; “The Obsidian Conspiracy” is the fastest (almost thrashy) song with riffs that can smash your bones like a steam-roller and with masterly virtuoso played solos, filling the longest part of those 5 minutes of metal perfection.

It’s too early to say if the band made their best album up to date. But what I can say with absolute certainty is that “The Obsidian Conspiracy” is a record worthy enough to be released with the logo NEVERMORE on its cover. Which means a lot when you’ve raised the standard level so high in order for it to be surpassed only by yourself and no one else. In a world full of “copy/paste” albums with less and less creative individualities, Nevermore continue to be a sip of fresh air, offering another collection of music which can be called “art” and which won’t get boring after the third spin.

Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Apr 22 2010, 17:23:44
Post #11

Мегаманьяк
Vatican City

So… These days I went to the studio of a friend of mine who runs his regular metal radio station here and I had the opportunity to give the album a good amount of 20 spins since he got the promo. Here’s what I came up with after a lot of listening, though it needs even more, it seems:
You're lucky one! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/25.gif)
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Apr 22 2010, 17:42:16
Post #12

Два Литра
On Forums: 16 years 1 month
Russian Federation

album will be here may31 2010 in europe june 8th in america
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Apr 22 2010, 23:09:07
Post #13

Три Литра
Releases: 5
Bulgaria

QUOTE(Tino @ Apr 22 2010, 19:23:44) *
You're lucky one! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/25.gif)

In this case yes, in a way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/1488.gif) It's worth all the wait though, especially if you're into their latest works more.
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Apr 22 2010, 23:32:04
Post #14

бу га га
Releases: 1
On Forums: 15 years 5 months
Russian Federation

darknessguide, you make my waiting even harder. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fear.gif)
But thank you!
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post May 8 2010, 15:11:16
Post #15

Мегаманьяк
Vatican City

QUOTE(darknessguide @ Apr 23 2010, 02:09:07) *
In this case yes, in a way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/1488.gif) It's worth all the wait though, especially if you're into their latest works more.

To be honest i prefer their old albums at the moment like "The Politics...", "Dreaming...", but i really love all albums from mighty Nevermore! These more groovy after "Dead Heart..." of course too. It's special band for me! Their progress is simply amazing! Jeff Loomis after Chuck Schuldiner's death is probably most influential metal guitarist. Btw, did you know that Warrel Dane was supposed to sing in Control Denied?
Cheers! Let The Metal flow...
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Support form
Copyrights and abuse reports form
Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 23:22:55