post Dec 22 2013, 07:56:39
Post #1

Аннигилятор пивА
Group Icon
Group: V.I.P
Releases: 16538
On Forums: 17 years 10 months
Russian Federation

(IMG:http://metalarea.org/images/audiocovers/2013_Dec/acov_tid215241_thumb.jpg)

*Artist: Tyrants Blood
*Album: Into The Kingdom Of Graves
*Year: 2013
*Genre: Death/Black/Thrash Metal
*Country: Canada (IMG:http://metalarea.org/forum/style_images/flags/Canada.png)
*Format: mp3@VBR279kbps
*Size: 96MB

Tracklist:
01. Spiral Sea 06:01
02. Disowned and Defiled 05:01
03. Revelation in Damnation 03:51
04. Conjure the Watcher 04:19
05. Destroyer 04:22
06. Fragments of a Dying World 04:52
07. Drowning in and Ocean of Fire 04:41
08. Within Outer Scars 02:02
09. Decree of the Dead 05:16
10. Into the Kingdom of Graves 04:47
Total playing time: 45:12

Extended info

АД И ИЗГАИЛЬ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
Vinnie Borden - Bass, Vocals (ex-Omega Crom)
Marco Banco - Guitars (ex-The Chargers, ex-Witches Hammer, Odds Crypt, ex-Blasphemy, ex-Thor, ex-Cystem, ex-Pressure)
Matt Blood - Drums (ex-Crackwhore, ex-hurt., ex-Abuse, ex-Splatter, ex-Tumult)
Brian "Messiah" Langley - Vocals (Cradle to Grave, Infernäl Mäjesty, ex-Mecha Messiah)

Register

Go to the top of the page
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
post Dec 22 2013, 10:18:54
Post #2

Литр
Group: Подсевший
Releases: 0
On Forums: 11 years 6 months
Bahrain

Зло! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Dec 22 2013, 10:58:43
Post #3

Правь статус, ####!111
Group: Металариец
On Forums: 16 years 1 month
Sudan

This band is Blasphemy in more technical and brutal. This is by far the best album of the year for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/9.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/9.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/9.gif)
They are calling their music Extreme Speed Metal. I thought you would have put this original genre name aestetic! They're giving it to you for free this time!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/25.gif)

Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Dec 22 2013, 11:13:56
Post #4

Аннигилятор пивА
Group Icon
Group: V.I.P
Releases: 16538
On Forums: 17 years 10 months
Russian Federation

ЦИТАТА(babanguida @ Dec 22 2013, 09:58:43) *
This band is Blasphemy in more technical and brutal. This is by far the best album of the year for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/9.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/9.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/9.gif)
They are calling their music Extreme Speed Metal. I thought you would have put this original genre name aestetic! They're giving it to you for free this time!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/25.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Dec 22 2013, 18:12:39
Post #5

Шесть Литров
Releases: 98
On Forums: 15 years 7 months
Ukraine

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/9.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/9.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/9.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/9.gif)
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Dec 22 2013, 21:57:28
Post #6

Маньяк
On Forums: 10 years 8 months
Australia

Crushing and devastating! Album of the year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/look.gif)

Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Dec 27 2013, 07:35:35
Post #7

Absorbence
Releases: 684
On Forums: 17 years 5 months
United States

new album is f..KING awesome, great atmosphere! Thanks for sharing! Hail from Vancouver!

Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Dec 27 2013, 10:24:37
Post #8

Правь статус, ####!111
Sudan

QUOTE(sacrut @ Dec 27 2013, 07:35:35) *
new album is f..KING awesome, great atmosphere! Thanks for sharing! Hail from Vancouver!

Real warriors playing real war metal! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/9.gif)

Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Jan 24 2014, 13:45:01
Post #9

К = 8,29
Releases: 17
On Forums: 15 years 3 months
Belarus

Аиничотак! Особливо приятно, что во всём этом шквале инструменты различимы. Пойду предыдущие подсоберу.

ЦИТАТА(aesteticvice @ 22nd December 2013 - 09:56:39) *
08. Within Outer Scars 02:02
ФИГАСЕБЕ акустику влупили (IMG:style_emoticons/default/20.gif)
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Feb 24 2014, 08:01:35
Post #10

Правь статус, ####!111
Releases: 26483
On Forums: 11 years 11 months
Ukraine

Register

Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Feb 2 2016, 22:02:52
Post #11

И всё в тебе, И ты — во всём
Releases: 13
On Forums: 14 years 5 months
Unknown

Перезалейте! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Dec 27 2017, 22:24:17
Post #12

Маньяк
On Forums: 10 years 8 months
Australia

And saying they recently had some label issues...
Waiting for another release!

Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Dec 22 2019, 19:59:31
Post #13

практики шума одухотворяющего
Releases: 152
On Forums: 6 years 2 months
Russian Federation

Register

Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Dec 23 2019, 22:03:53
Post #14

Шесть Литров
Releases: 1
On Forums: 16 years 2 weeks
Russian Federation

Отменное рубилово, с добротным жирным саундом и материалом. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/m1234.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/m0114.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/metaler.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/20.gif)
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post
post Feb 8 2020, 07:59:43
Post #15

Правь статус, ####!111
Sudan

INTERVIEW: TYRANTS BLOOD (Canada)
Templo del Diablo proudly opens its doors to a veteran of the Apocalyptic Canadian's underground.
"The Traditional Sodomizer of the Goddess of Perversity" Marco Banco, 30 years of active and prolific march through historical and important bands such as Blasphemy, Witches Hammer, Thor and now Tyrants Blood.
A life dedicated to the dark part of art, certainly an example to follow !!

1- First of all Marco is a real pleasure to be able to interview you. How are you?
How are things going?

M: Ciao Giuseppe.Im good man. Busy with business and usual things. Always building or working on something. Curse of creator. What are you going to do, it’s good.

2- Let's start the interview, I have many things to ask from your experience.
Canada has been and still is, a fertile cradle for extreme Metal, I read that at the age of 14 you joined the Witches Hammer.
The question arises spontaneously, how old were you in contact with these extreme sounds? Can I deduce that you started playing the guitar very soon, how did you get passionate about this instrument?

M: Ah, well. Of course that was all very natural ,because music was always part of every day in our home.
Wether the family was together with friends belting out traditional songs from the old country over a few bottles of vino rosso, or if the Rolling Stones, chuck Berry ,the old country and western sounds were blasted from the House stereo.
Of course the weekends were vinyl dance parties that went on until the sun was up, all kinds of old and contemporary music was on all the time.
So for me, aside from sports, music was everything.
I played piano, trumpet, drums, bass and guitar in school stage band as soon as I could .
Began performing in my own band by the time I was 10 years old , just banging out whatever rough riffs I could .

3- As said, you entered the Witches Hammer very young, recording excellent demos.
Why did you stay in the band for a short time?
How important was this experience in your personal growth and as a musician?

M: Witches Hammer was actually the 3rd generation of what I was working on as soon as I turned to learning how to play harder rock and roll and heavy metal
In the late 1970’s.
Beginning as Death, learning kiss songs. Then getting mike Death , who became witches Hammers second guitar player, but back then he wanted to play drums. This was around 81 ,as oblivion . We played punk rock covers , blue oyster cult, led zeppelin , black sabbath and whatever metal we could learn.
Until in 82/83 when we got decent enough to play venom, exciter, Saxon, priest, etc.
Mike and I thought it was time to seek out anybody else that was I to this new style.
We found the Prizmic brothers , they were in the same mind set as us. Quite surprised to find others at the time truly.
So we too the name witches Hammer from a book I found in the occult section of the school library.
Together we worked out 5 songs and hit fiasco brothers studio in late 1984. The first speed metal/ thrash metal
band at that time( it didn’t even have that moniker yet really) the first to record at fiasco bros. Very cool time.
It may seem short ,1984- 1990, but in fact it was quite a bit longer.
Especially considering the fact that between the ages of 10/11 years old , until 20, the physical and mental change is monumental and a lifetime of experience .

4- In 2018 you returned to the band, together with new musicians, this means that the project is destined to continue.
Can you tell us something about the band's status?

M: This began again quite reluctantly on my part. One day out of the blue I was talking with vocalist Ray on the anniversary of his brother johns , our drummers, passing. We talked about how I had a pile of old cassette tapes from the 1980’s that were recorded by John and I between 1984-1989. Lots of material we never recorded officially.
We talked briefly about it being a bit of a shame that we did not, but that because we don’t live in the past , that it will stay buried there . However, mike Death, our other guitar player. Steve withrow, bass player from 84-87, and Dan Voskurejian, bass player from 87-89 , all said we were wrong to not record those songs.
I thought about it for a few months, talked to a few people and Yosuke from NWN who said , yes you should.
Finally I thought, ok , perhaps I am being to rigid in this .
So I spent about a year putting together and finding the old cassette tapes, brought them to Tyrants Blood drummer Steve Sinned and together he and I began putting the songs together piece by piece.
The other musicians from witches Hammer, steve, mike and Dan were unable to join in the project due to distance and health reasons, so AJ Kovar took on the bass, Jesse Jardine took over mikes spot on guitar and of course Steve Sinned on drums. Leaving only Ray and I as the soul original members.
We put together enough of the old unreleased material with the old lyrics. I wrote back then to record this album that will be released soon on NWN.
There is definitely another album worth of music and perhaps an ep more after that.

5- Marco, tell us about how you got in touch with the members of Blasphemy, and what "pushed" you to join this project?

M: Black Winds called me at my parents house in 1989 right at the time Witches Hammer was calling the end of our run.
Gerry heard about that and having just had Snake( black
Priest) quit Blasphemy, he asked. Of course I said ok let’s go, because I was good friends with them , known all of them for many years, Blasphemy first show in 1988 was with witches Hammer, so far me this was an easy transition. Not to
Mention blood upon the alter demo being high on my playlist at the time.

6- As: "The Traditional Sodomizer of the Goddess of Perversity", you were part of the album masterpiece "FALLEN ANGEL OF DOOM", (1990), which still after 30 years, burns the soul of the devotees of this musical genre.
How did you conceive an album so raw and dark, which is still an inspiration today?
In those days, did you have any idea what you were creating? Are you surprised at the support the band received at that time after the release of Fallen Angel of Doom?

M: Black winds, storms and Priest had s very good idea of what they wanted.
I’m 87 I sat in the Dutchman tattoo shop with black winds as we waited for our turn on the tree of woe.
We talked music of course as we always did. Black winds was full on with his vision , he described the sound, the aesthetic, the lifestyle. Satanic skinheads he called it, “ nobody has seen or heard what we are doing “
A few months later, myself and John from witches Hammer were in the city at the record shops, and as usual, ran into black winds and storms, we all piled into johns truck and headed back to storms place because they wanted to show us what they were on about.
There they grabbed a bass and an axe and lay into 3 or 4 songs that were to become what was to be blood upon the alter, very impressive.
Yeah they knew exactly what they were doing.
Support was as expected I thought. In those days anyways. Cult, world wide, but small independent groups of people.
Created excellent union with Brazils raw Black Death groups and of course the old Florida death metal scene. Over seas there were many trades made, lots of interviews and upcoming groups like behemoth , beherit and destroyer 666 that cited our influence. So this was excellent.
Of course the massive following didn’t really come until about 2010’s. That’s when Blasphemy really became popular as far as record and merchandising as well as touring and festivals go.

7- From the various interviews that I have read, the members of Blasphemy were not quiet boys, quite the opposite, there is talk of fights and violent attitude.
What were the reasons why your paths separated?
Do you miss or regret the past years with Blasphemy?
Would you like to come back to join them, maybe for some show or new material, or the relationships between you have deteriorated?

M: I had my time with Blasphemy. It was a grand time in my life. We did a lot, created and destroyed like an inferno.
But of course, all good things.........
As hard drugs became the modus operandi for many of our people, I split as quick as I could fly.
Drugs are a stupid man’s game in my opinion. Nobody wins this war.
So that was that as they say.
I never missed those days or live for the past. I am very proud to have been there during those hellish days of blood and metal. In the streets , in those turf wars for ground, those were glorious days that are long gone from today’s metal culture.
But those are times for young men.
Would I rejoin Blasphemy? No.
We are on fine terms, I am still speaking with black winds regularly.
We all get along famously when we are together, after all, we have done a lifetime of experience in a short period.
Not to mention, since this witches Hammer thing has reluctantly raised up from the dead,we have performed with Blasphemy twice.

8- How has your professional life evolved since your departure from Blasphemy?
Has music always been an integral part of that period?

M: Once I left Blasphemy, I worked in radio for a few years before I headed far into the north to cut a new path .
Crazy days, but very good for me.

9- Steve Naive (ex-Witches Hammer) Tom Komisarski (Procreation) and Marco Banco (ex Blasphemy) your union and passion for old school sound gave birth to The Chargers with one album "Drinkin 'Drusty' and Whorin '" (2003). A Motorhead-style project.
Marco, in this regard, given your long experience and militancy, what is the "secret" and "key" of this extreme genre, which since its creation, continues to thunder unceasingly generation after generation, enveloping new die hard, not despite the various vicissitudes, contradictions and speculations that it has undergone?

M: The chargers was a fun weekend with the guys.
But that was it. Super easy. A couple days in the summertime, barbecue and some drinks.
I was actually surprised anybody had the disc.
As for the question. I can perhaps only have perspective from my time.
That sound was what was an upheaval to traditional sound. As with every generation, the one before that was hated , the ones that raised against the generation before, gave us the same.
So, it’s what and should be expected.
I believe that every generation has a duty to move forward.
Massive revolutions have begun from simple E chords. Music is the art of the invisible.

10- In 2006, your guitar returned to scratching with Tyrants Blood.
Without wasting time the same year you launched your first album Tyrants Blood (2006).
How did this project come about and what ideology is behind it? how did you feel to immerse yourself at full speed in this new challenge?

M: By that time I had no real plan to get anything going musically. The area in Vancouver was not very good. 1 or 2 decent groups, Low rent metal loser drunk coke swept bands, 3rd rate black metal, mostly comedy heavy metal acts. Real stupid s%%^. I didn’t want any part of it.
But Kevin volatile and Britt( goddess of perversity) were on me to start something up with Kevin.
So after a good year, maybe 2, I succumb to the ear torture and headed back in.
Dusted off my Flying V, loaded my stack, and off I went.
It was an omen . On the drive a massive fire had engulfed the area I was heading too.
For a kilometre I drove slowly through thick black smoke. Thousands of displaced crows flying through and out of the clouds. It was the best part of that day.
Fantastic.
So, I showed Kevin how to play old school metal, get rid of those triggers and get tough.
Off we went until 2017.
Our ideology was to bring performance back to the stage, put on a proper show.
Tight , merciless and pro.
Things that were lost here .
So that’s what we did.

11- Crushing Onward into Oblivion (2010) is an album that combines the progression and at the same time the ferocity of Black / Death.
What struck me is also the artework, which differs from the classic standard that characterizes the genre.
How did you conceive the whole (lyrics, artowork and music)?

M: The artwork is like anything else I do.
I don’t follow trends, I don’t give a damn about what is union gospel or who believes their shepherd authority.
I chose the nebula because it is clear, infinite,precise, merciless, destruction and creation without our weak moral and mortal minuscule part in this universe.
Agnostic, atheist, or disciple.
Our influence at this moment is clearly limited and at the benevolence of everything beyond our control.

12- Into the Kingdom of Graves (2013), I personally consider it the most complete album on a musical and conceptual level. 45 minutes that demonstrate the creative development and the abnegation of always creating new music, but I repeat and underline, ALWAYS FAITHFUL TO THE ROOT OF RAW AND VIOLENT OLD SCHOOL SOUND.
Marco, these years of silence, are the prelude for a new album?

M: Tyrants Blood is not being worked on now.
We got rid our drummer in 2016, vocals joined Aggression, we hired in steve Sinned for drums, did a bunch of shows, wrote a pile of songs, but I was getting bored with it. So was Vinnie, he and I were the main song writers.
So we quietly decided to just shelve the band and do other things.
Of course this was a catalyst for time in the reanimating of Witches Hammer. To get all the old unreleased tracks out once and for all.

13- With Tyrants Blood, you have traveled many kilometers and visited many countries. What is the concert you remember with most pleasure?
Even if luckily you are far from the rock star attitude, what sensations do you feel in seeing in various parts of the world, maniacs attending Tyrant's blood concerts, appreciating your art?

M: For me, after all the great places , my personal favourite was performing in Brazil. Outdoors,4am, with Mystifier, in the tropical wet heat with the amazon river raging by only 20 meters away.
The full moon, howler apes deep roar between songs, bats sonar attracting to fly in and out of the amphitheater in swarms.
This!
This could be my epitaph and I would be satisfied to end it at that as my last breath.
Glorious time.

14- Marco, I know that you are a lover of a healthy and intelligent lifestyle.
You are one of the few examples that transfigures the energy of music into hard work in the gym.
Why do you think most musicians and people who listen to extreme metal use this music to take drugs, drink like "sponges", and self-destruct?

M: Well, as I have said before. Music is the voice of the invisible. People that are lost, soulless, out of control.
A deep sense of lack of self awareness.
That’s why we see them as slobbering loser drunk fools.
But more than that is the inability to make peace with the dark angels of our nature .
The willingness to look in the mirror and take responsibility for life.
Stunted in a place that is manacled to the past that has them caged in this prison of mediocrity and suffering stupidity.
People , i believe , must escape their echo chamber to overpower and overcome this type of thing.
Education makes us unfit to be slaves.

15- Marco, our interview is over, thanks again for your time!
One last shot for the readers of this interview, and for the page.
Templo del Diablo!
Behold the universe, Infinite abstraction
Behold the universe, Dimensions blend as time unbends
Cradling all of life's creation
Spiraling to its ultimate end !!

M: Very cool.
Ok Giuseppe. Grazie tanto fratello.
Follow your passion until your kingdom has come.
Like wolves in winter.
Embrace the cold and headlong into havoc.
As the sonnet reads;
I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said:
“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . .
Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
....................................... ..........Infinite,
appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
....................................... ..........Infinite,

This post has been edited by Borderline1991: Feb 8 2020, 08:35:21

Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Support form
Copyrights and abuse reports form
Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 15:02:30