> Harvest Of Ash - Ache And Impulse (2022), Doom/Post-Metal
post Sep 22 2022, 17:11:56
Post #1

Правь статус, ####!111
Group: Металариец
Releases: 6825
On Forums: 15 years 10 months
Ukraine

(IMG:http://metalarea.org/images/audiocovers/2022_Sep/acov_tid369782_thumb.jpg)

*Artist: Harvest Of Ash
*Album: Ache And Impulse
*Year: 2022
*Genre: Doom/Post-Metal
*Country: United States (IMG:http://metalarea.org/forum/style_images/flags/United%20States.png)
*Format: mp3@CBR320kbps
*Size: 97MB

Tracklist:
1. Harvest of Ash 05:17
2. I Prodrome 07:33
3. II Aura 07:13
4. III Headache 10:16
5. IV Postdrome 10:17
Total playing time: 40:36

Extended info
Line - up:

Grahm Reynolds - Bass
Mike DiTullio - Drums, Synths
Pepper Glass - Guitars, Vocals, Synths

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions welcome Harvest Of Ash to the roster with the debut album "Ache And Impulse"! Hailing from Salt Lake City, Utah, Harvest Of Ash sonically are a meticulous blend of Doom Metal, Post Metal, Sludge and Hardcore. "Ache And Impulse" pummels listeners with colossal riffs, spacey interludes and triumphant resolutions throughout the albums five epic tracks, which clock in at over 40 minutes. Thematically, these tracks invoke the stages of a migraine headache to take listeners on a personal journey from self-loathing to self-affirmation. Enthralling and devastating, Harvest Of Ash push the boundaries to the extreme while bringing the beatdown. "Ache And Impulse" was engineered and mastered by Metal maestro Andy Patterson (Sub Rosa, Cult Leader, The Otolith). For fans of Amenra, Black Sabbath, Boris, Cult of Luna, Electric Wizard, High On Fire, ISIS, Melvins, Neurosis, Pelican, Russian Circles, Saint Vitus, Sleep and YOB.

BIO:

Salt Lake City’s Harvest of Ash is unleashing their debut full length – Ache and Impulse. Metal maestro Andy Patterson (Sub Rosa, The Otolith) recorded the album. Philadelphia’s Horror Pain Gore Death Productions is releasing it.

Ache and Impulse builds from a migraine headache’s four stages. We become ensnared in the morals of broken people (prodrome and aura). These narrow standards stifle our instincts and gifts (headache). Yet, we can emerge from this mental fog and embrace who we truly are (postdrome).

Anchoring this journey is a meticulous blend of doom and post metal, sludge, and hardcore. Colossal riffs, spacey interludes, and triumphant resolutions fill these tracks. Enthralling and devastating, Harvest of Ash push the boundaries while bringing the beatdown.

This eclectic sound is little surprise given the band’s origins. It is the culmination of members Grahm Reynolds (bass), Mike DiTullio (drums), and Pepper Glass (guitar and vocals) playing for decades in both East and West coast projects. After they found themselves in Utah, they found each other.

And the experience of creating a migraine themed album? With a wry smile, they’ll tell you that it’s been one big headache.

LYRICS:

Harvest of ash

(Our deeply submerged mental deception – sustaining rigid moral systems, keeping a positive attitude, and ignoring past trauma – becomes unmanageable. We face a reckoning.)

Sow our seeds on barren land
Harvest is due

I Prodrome

(We realize how much we repress and punish ourselves. Instead of protecting and nurturing our instincts and gifts, we have been supporting the agenda of others.)

We gave them mayhem

Blessed broken ways
Shimmer certainty
Facing decadence, you resign
To design, the divine

Searing season’s threat
Dawning of regret
Facing turbulence, medicine
I will bring, you will cling

II Aura

(We slowly recognize our personality and its foundations. This also means undermining our previous inclinations, realizing how they have hurt us.)

Embrace the ache
Dismiss death wish

Undermine

Your promised land, is sinking sand

III Headache

(We become outraged at the world, grasping how it is filled with broken people. In misguided attempts to become whole, they build monuments to themselves, desperately wanting us to follow their standards and give them power.)

We’ll be fine, putridly rise
Wine dark times
Our seas swirl, drown your pearls
Rush and crash and swell

Filth and rot, our release
All sad things
Blinding dumb, far past numb
Ache and rash and sting

Built by shame

Monuments to our shame
So they’ll mourn our name

Worlds of fear, worlds of love
Pummel-embrace in one
Words of fear, words deny
Veiling our lives from life

IV Postdrome

(We give up our self-destructive relationships and ideals. Instead of feeding the emptiness of others and drowning in shame, we embrace ourselves, living genuinely by our terms.)

All thy passions, in the end virtues
All thy devils, in the end angels*

My eyes restrain
My heart mistakes
Sullen and swollen, stretched lips
Sullen and swollen, last kiss / such pigs

There is not one best way
There is not final say

* Adapted from Nietzsche’s “Thus Spake Zarathustra”.

Technical info
(IMG:http://metalarea.org/images/spectrogram/2022_Sep/9f574ad78dcd3fba9fcd79fbe5080a8f.png)
Input File: 02 - I Prodrome.mp3
Channels : 2
Sample Rate : 44100
Precision : 16-bit
Duration : 00:07:33.00 = 19977300 samples = 33975 CDDA sectors
File Size : 18.1M
Bit Rate : 320k
Sample Encoding: MPEG audio (layer I, II or III)
Comments :
Title=I Prodrome
Artist=Harvest of Ash
Album=Ache and Impulse
Tracknumber=2
Year=2022
Genre=Doom | Post-Metal

Register

Go to the top of the page
  Insert nick Quick quote
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Support form
Copyrights and abuse reports form
Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 16:09:09