Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paranorm
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Discussions Area / Тёрки > Groove/Speed/Thrash Metal
Paranorm
Hey!

I don't know if this is the correct part of the forum to post this - if not, please move the thread to where it's supposed to be. smile1.gif

- - -
PARANORM is a swedish thrash metal band with progressive elements, inspired mainly by the Bay Area and European scenes along with the NWOBHM movement, but we're also incorporating many other different elements to expand upon the new wave of thrash metal while finding our own niche within the genre.

Yesterday we released a promo/single of the track ATMOSPHERES on YouTube. It's a track from our upcoming EP entitled PANDEMONIUM'S RISE (to be released on October 15th). Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOF-_CbQGOw
Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

- - -
Have a good one!

Paranorm

Hey!

PARANORM is a swedish thrash metal band with progressive elements, inspired mainly by the Bay Area and European scenes along with the NWOBHM movement, but also incorporating many other different elements to expand upon the new wave of thrash metal while finding their own niche within the genre.

On October 15th they released their debut EP entitled PANDEMONIUM'S RISE!
It's available for streaming, free download and mp3 purchase on various locations on the Internet! For example on the official PARANORM Facebook page () or on Spotify (http://open.spotify.com/artist/5Isp1WwQoHHBkFro5j5Ls4).

Physical copies are being printed in true D.I.Y. spirit and just a few days ago the very first copy was printed (check out the Facebook page for a photo of that creation)!
If you're interested in purchasing a physical copy, simply send a message or drop an e-mail at paranorm.band@gmail.com!
- - -

Pandemonium's Rise contains 6 tracks and is clocked at nearly 30 minutes:
1: Aggressive Inhibitions 3:37
2: Predators of Peace 3:44
3: Shattered Future Tense 6:45
4: Strike Hard, Strike Fast 2:47
5: The Indoctrinated 5:50
6: Atmospheres 6:17
- - -

Check it out now and make sure to get a taste of the wide diversity found on PANDEMONIUM'S RISE by listening to more than just one track!
All possible support in the sense of comments, feedback or Facebook likes would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!
Cheers!
Genuine Thrashiac
Maybe I'm slow with the slow internet here (100Kbit) but I didn't find any links to download at facebook or spotifly (witch ask me only to get spotifly).
Paranorm
QUOTE(TheThrasher @ Oct 25 2011, 00:38:34) *
Maybe I'm slow with the slow internet here (100Kbit) but I didn't find any links to download at facebook or spotifly (witch ask me only to get spotifly).

Hey TheThrasher!

If you, on the Facebook page, click the tab to the left saying STREAM & DOWNLOAD (or use this direct link: ), and scroll down past the album cover, you'll see a music player aswell as download links that appear if you hover over a song with your mouse pointer. Notice that there are a total 6 songs in the song list, 2 of which you'll only see if you scroll down the list.

I hope that helps! If you still can't find it I'll happily help you out further!

\\m//
Genuine Thrashiac
Paranorm, I try to do this - but at Facebook the banner pop-ups: "Like" the Page to download this track for free. The botton "Like" in it demand to register at that source. look.gif
But I don't want to register at any social nets. 23.gif
Do you have your "embassy" at ? - as I remeber - there is no need to register to get tracks for free (or variants may vary). dooo.gif

На обложке происходит какое-то 3,14зд12.gifглазие.
Who is the artist of the cover? smile1.gif
Paranorm
QUOTE(TheThrasher @ Oct 25 2011, 22:01:45) *
Paranorm, I try to do this - but at Facebook the banner pop-ups: "Like" the Page to download this track for free. The botton "Like" in it demand to register at that source. look.gif
But I don't want to register at any social nets. 23.gif
Do you have your "embassy" at ? - as I remeber - there is no need to register to get tracks for free (or variants may vary). dooo.gif

На обложке происходит какое-то 3,14зд12.gifглазие.
Who is the artist of the cover? smile1.gif

Alright. We haven't uploaded to ReverbNation yet, but try http://www.lastfm.com/music/paranorm.

The artist for the cover is a guy we worked with from Spain. His name is Carlos Díaz Asenjo and he's an amazing artist, check out his gallery here: http://kamyu.deviantart.com/.
Paranorm
Did you get your hands on the download yet? What'd you think about it!?
Genuine Thrashiac
OK, I get it. Below there is IMHO and only IMHO:

What are "progressive elements"? - These melodical parts at 3. Shattered Future Tense?

All I hear from not thrashy: are death elements - especially harsh vocals more death-like style and melancholia in most melodies.
In whole I have heard not_my_kind Thrash Metal.
So I rate this between Average and Good: some moments are
4. Strike Hard, Strike Fast - bass intro 20.gif
6. Atmospheres - at ~3:35 solo more to Speed Metal and after that ~4:05-4:20 some more too epic part.

But what is in 1. Aggressive Inhibitions at ~0:20 ('til ~0:35) Slayerish playin'?

P.S. My gradation of rate marks (especiallly for my inner use) is:
Аwful | Bad | Average | Good | Excellent
Paranorm
QUOTE(TheThrasher @ Oct 30 2011, 00:07:57) *
OK, I get it. Below there is IMHO and only IMHO:

What are "progressive elements"? - These melodical parts at 3. Shattered Future Tense?

All I hear from not thrashy: are death elements - especially harsh vocals more death-like style and melancholia in most melodies.
In whole I have heard not_my_kind Thrash Metal.
So I rate this between Average and Good: some moments are
4. Strike Hard, Strike Fast - bass intro 20.gif
6. Atmospheres - at ~3:35 solo more to Speed Metal and after that ~4:05-4:20 some more too epic part.

But what is in 1. Aggressive Inhibitions at ~0:20 ('til ~0:35) Slayerish playin'?

P.S. My gradation of rate marks (especiallly for my inner use) is:
Аwful | Bad | Average | Good | Excellent

Thanks! "Between Average and Good" sounds like a pretty nice grade concerning it wasn't your kind of thrash metal, so I guess it, at the very least. pleased your tastes on some level. smile1.gif
Concerning those progressive elements, they appear a little here and there. For instance the odd time signatures in Aggressive Inhibitions (9/8) and The Indoctrinated (7/8, 5/4 etc), and another example would be the track Atmospheres, which in whole is pretty atypical for thrash metal.

Cheers for your feedback!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.