Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Интервью
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Discussions Area / Тёрки > Doom Metal
Spyart
Ну, что пусть и думстерский раздел начнет потихоньку развиваться что ли)
Начну из личных запасов. Как-то давно хотел намутить печатный журнал, но в итоге все накрылось по ряду обстоятельств. Что-то сохранилось.
Непереведенное интервью Consummatum Est:
CE

Interview to EMANUELE TELLI from CONSUMMATUM EST

1. Tell the story of Consummatum Est because I know almost nothing about it yet.
In 2003 I founded Consummatum Est with the first name Sweet Suicide. At the beginning we played gothic black metal but I understood it wasn’t the music that represent me
In a short time I slowed the pieces bpm down a lot and the pieces present in the first full
lenght, Funeral Procession, were the result. Unfortunately, an atmosphere of tension was
created among us because of personal disagreements so, as I was the one who attended to
compose the whole material, I decided to turn all the members away.
Remained on my own, I kept on compose the material and when I found trustworthy
collaborators, in 2006, I entered the studio again to record Promo 2006.
Not pleased at all with the result of the production and recording of Promo 2006, after
two years of much thought, I decided to re-enter the studio and record the pieces of the
promo again, with other two unpublished pieces, in order to cut a new record which will
come to light very soon, with the collaboration of a very important guest to me like Greg
Chandler from Esoteric.

2. What’s the point of choosing such band name (“It is completed” in English)? It seems to be the last words of some god?
“Consummatum Est” are the last words pronunciated by Christ on the Cross. I could even
invent philosophic words meant for effect to explain why I’ve given this name to the project,
but the truth is that it sounded good to me.

3. Does the omega spell on your logo represent something in your art?
It doesn’t represent something in my art directly; it represents the situation in which we are
living in these years. Omega represents the end and if we take a look around, it is
clear how everything is breaking up… If this isn’t the end we are not far from it...

4. Your first album was a self-release numbered by 20 copies, but after that another 250 copies had been re-released. Then a promo was released but it seems like it was created for labels only. What’s the reason of such low circulation? No label was interested in your music? To my mind, your music is something more than just “worth listening”.
Funeral Procession was initially printed in such few copies because for us it was an
entertainment more than anything and also a little realization of the work that had been done
until that moment. Then, unexpectedly, I realized that the album started to round in the
underground doom through the file sharing and that the name was starting to spread.
And the fact that, in 2006, Made With Hate Records asked me for the permission to
reprint the album was the confirmation that it could be something more than a mere
entertainment. About Promo 2006, it was created just to get a recording contract
which could make Consummatum Est rise some other steps.
But I am not surprised I didn’t reach the result I hoped for, because of the awful
quality of the recording and the approximation of many solutions.

5. Looks like there’s some kind of calm within the band since the promo release of 2006. Since then I did not see any actions of you and your web-page (well-designed, by the way) stopped working. Why is it so?
After Promo 2006 I was overcome by a strong discouragement and disillusion toward
the project and this even made me think about stop it.
For this reason I didn’t take an interest in the production or in the website updating
anymore. Fortunately I was pushed into carring by Moerke, Consummatum Est guitarist.

6. Is Consummatum Est one-man band with session members or it is a complete band? If it is a band, then which member writes music and lyrics?
Until some time ago Consummatum Est were a one-man band. I have always been the one
who attended to the drawing up of all the material, not for tyranny but simply because it has
always been a very personal thing. By the way, during the recordings of
the new album I have noticed Moerke’s great care to carry on the band and I have also
noticed her great propension to solve all the project bureaucratic matters.
Therefore she can be considerated the second official member of Consummatum Est.

7. Did you ever perform concerts? Would you like to? And what’s your ideas about funeral band’s live performance?
We have never played live because Consummatum Est are not a band!
Several times I have been asked for playing in festivals abroad and I have had to refuse
even if it would have surely been a great experience.
But never say never! I have valuable and motivated musicians so I can’t exclude anything.
As regards the rest of your question, I have never attended to a funeral doom concert and,
to say the truth, I consider most of the funeral doom bands, which think just to play at 20 bpm
repeating the same riff for 40 minutes, to be too much static. In this case I’d probably fall
asleep. However, there are also some funeral doom bands that think of the musical aspect a
lot (such as Shape of Despair, Pantheist, Skepticism, Funeral etc. etc.); in that case I think it
would be a great experience.

8. Like many others, I first listened to Consummatum Est using Internet. What do you think about the Internet as the source of “musical enlightenment”? Is it a tool to use or full degradation of turning musical stuff into electronic crap?
I think file sharing is a wonderful thing. In this way everyone has the possibility to be
noticed and it enables a product evaluation before buying it. As far as I’m concerned, if I download an album and I like it, I am used to buy it. Viceversa, it remains into the hard disk because I wouldn’t have bought it. I think that if companies are passing through a crisis it’s not because of file sharing: it’s because most of the releases quality is very low and, as regards Italy, CDs are too much expensive.

9. According to your myspace page you are recording the new album in studio. What will it be: an old works’ continuation or something new? As I think, the album extremely differs from promo.
The songs of the new album are the natural development of Promo 2006. In fact, there are the same songs contained in it and two new unplublished songs, rearranged, replayed and re-recorded with an absolutely higher quality. It will be called “Hypnagogia”.

10. How did you record your first album and promo? If it was recorded in home studio (then is sounds pretty well) why did you decide to enter the studio? (or is it your own studio?)
Funeral procession has been recorded in our rehearsal room, where our old drummer built a little amateur recording studio. You know, at that time we used to rehearse in a sort of cavern and, hearing those recordings, it seems you can breathe that place’s sepulchral smell. As regards Promo 2006, we decided to enter the studio to create a more professional work even if the result has been horrible, as you can hear, because the sound engineer proved to be a real incompetent. For this album we have turned to another recording studio in Rome, Elliott’s Garage, where the level of professionalism is undoubtedly higher than the first recording studio.

11. What do you think about the underground? Do you think it is repressed by the major labels or maybe it is still alive? What’s the Consummatum Est’s place in it?
Underground is alive and kicking; to me, it’s far from the concept of major oppression. Underground is a world apart where who lives in, he do it just for passion and need for free expression. Consummatum Est are a completely underground band and I assure you that we will never come to a compromise. What we are doing, we are doing it just for passion.

12. According to Metal Archives the band’s line-up has been changed several times. How was it? Female vocals is one of the basic features of the “Funeral Procession” album. Who performed it?
As I stated before, the line up has changed in every recording that has been done because we are not a band; in fact, being Consummatum Est a personal project of mine, everytime different musicians are involved (except for Moerke, as stated). Female voices in Funeral Procession were performend by Federica Sciamanna who, at the moment, is making way with her band, The Shiver (rock/gothic metal).

13. Why did you decide to choose such unique genre like “Gothic/Funeral Doom”? Are you charmed by old funeral processions or there is any other reason?
I think that this kind of music is the most suitable style to ‘unfold’ a catharsis process. I am generally a sunny person but I have also my strains, my pains, my fears and my hidden and negative sides, like every human being. Let’s say this music is the way I can take-out these feelings to feel better.

14. What abandoned place is mentioned in “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust” lyrics? It should be a cemetery, as I think.
Exactely. This song is the funeral chant of two people who were buried together. At present, I think it’s a little ridiculous lyrics, too much tied to gothic clichés that nowadays I abhor a lot.

15. Do you have some kind of ideology and would you like to represent in using your music? I noticed that many bands of present days (including black metal ones) just forget it and say: “Music is the major thing, other (including lyrics) doesn’t matter.”. What do you think about it and what’s your ideas about musical ideology?
I think music must be art at its fullest and it must involve several aspects, like image, lyrics and, why not, ideologies. Consummatum Est are not harbingers of particular ideologies even if I personally appreciate who does that; it contributes to complete the art which will be suggested.

16. Did any musical bands influence you while creating your own Art? And what about other things: cinema, literature, architecture (very highly developed in Italy, as people say)?
I am not influenced by particular bands; I am influenced by some musical genres and by art in all her forms. As regard music, I have grown up listening classical music then I have widen my knowledges with dozens of different genres.
I am inspired by several artists (it doesn’t means that they typically influence on the musical aspect), from classical music to metal, from sound-tracks to punk, from techno hardcore to klezmer…for the rest, I am inspired by a lot of art forms because I am a fan of art, especially of surrealism for his ideology and for the literature and painting that it has created (in particular Dalì as regards painting and Artaud as regards literature).
I love surreal cinema, especially the first works of Bunuel and the shorts of Quay Brothers and David Lynch, too. As regards cinema, I love also german expressionist movement wich have produced masterpieces like “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari” by Wiene and “Nosferatu” by Murnau.
As regards literature, my favorite italian writer is Alessandro Baricco. Abroad I like Artaud, Rushdie, King, Marquez, Hesse, Mann, Poe and many others...As regards italian poetry, I am a fan of the hermetics Ungaretti, Quasimodo, Gatto, Luzi, Montale and my favourite poet is Giovanni Pascoli; abroad I like Gibran, Lorca, Prèvert and the french “poètes maudits”.

17. Do you know anything about trends of local scene? What Italian and other countries’ bands do you like? I know just Urna and Malasangre from your country (except your band)
To say the truth, I have not been into the scene for a long time. Over the last years I have almost stopped hearing metal music even if there are some exeptions. In Italy, as regards doom, I love bands like Void of Silence, MonumentuM, Cultus Sanguine. Abroad I appreciate bands like Shape of Despair, Worship, Skepticism, Pantheist, Wormphlegm, old Funeral, Fallen and so on.

18. Can you call your life a “funeral procession”? What are words like “life”, “death”, “goal”, “striving” for you?
As I stated before, I am generally a funny person and the dark character of the music that I am used to write is simply the expression of the most negative and hidden side of mine. In its private life, everyone has his cares, fears and anxieties.. I decided to turn them in music. Answering the rest of your question: “Life” is an unrepeatable possibility which arises from chance and we should have to enjoy it completely, live our whole life, we should let ourselves go to everything could make us happy; “Death” is the only inescapable certainty of life, the annihilation.. there’s no much more to say about Her but for terrorizing me; “Goal” is everything that everyday makes me want to go on, trying to do my best; “Strive” is the necessary strength to achieve my aims.

19. Do you like to live in Italy? What can you say about advantages/disadvantages of living there?
No, I don’t like living in Italy. The present situation has become too much hard, there’s no possibility here, there’s no way to rise. Especially in this period, the economic and politic situation is going to rack and ruin and it reigns an halo of absolute pessimism and discontent. It’s hard to set some goals because the possibilities to reach them are equal to zero, you have to manage. Moreover, I think the situation which we are living in is known better abroad than here as the captains of politics are exercising more and more control over the media.. How can we be still optimistic in this situation? In Italy there are really few great things: art, climate, women, cookery.. on the rest, I spit on…

И интервью с Inter Arbores:
IA

Привет Павел! Расскажи об истории Inter Arbores.

Привет! Мы собрались вместе осенью 2003 года. Фактически группа всегда представляла собой трио, хотя с нами играли и нам помогали многие музыканты. Творческие идеи исходили всегда от троих человек: Павла Голузина, Олега Дудкина и Михаила Немировского. В 03-04 гг. в нашей музыке присутствовала скрипка, позже наши с ней пути разошлись, и состав стал, на первый взгляд, весьма незаурядным: вокал, 2 гитары, ударные и бас. С бас-гитаристами нам никогда не везло, за историю коллектива мы сменили шестерых. В 2005 году мы приняли решение отказаться от распространенной в тяжелой музыке ритм секции и стали искать новые музыкальные и околомузыкальные формы изложения творческих идей.
Сейчас мы с удивлением оглядываемся в прошлое, вспоминая многие поиски и эксперименты того времени. В тот период мы пробовали себя в самых разных направлениях, пытаясь отразить самые разные чувства и настроения. Мы и играли на разных этнических инструментах, исполняли шумовую музыку и совмещали и то и другое одновременно. Однако в последнее время мы решили сосредоточиться преимущественно на гитарной музыке. Сейчас, часто оглядываясь назад, мы понимаем, что в дальнейшем развитии нам нужно взять всё само лучшее из разных этапов творчества. Поиск продолжается.

Когда ждать выхода нового альбома?

Мы как раз сейчас плотно заняты записью нового материала, альбомом в общепринятом понимании это назвать трудно. Это будет одна масштабная композиция, идею создания которой мы вынашивали долго, но лишь недавно завершили её сочинение и сразу же направились в студию. Композиция называется «Я. Отрешенность. Границы. Святое...». Нам сложно говорить о сроках, т.к. запись представляется сложной, трудоёмкой и крайне интересной. Мы не спешим и не экономим.

Inter Arbores переводится с латинского как Между деревьев…Отражает ли название вашу сущность? Как вы относитесь к природе?

Да, мы любим Природу. И очень любим деревья. Мы осознаем силу и влияние биосферы Земли.
Название очень точно отражает нашу сущность, более чем музыкальную. Более удачного имени для нас трудно пожелать.

Я знаю, что Inter Arbores давали несколько концертов. Как ты относишься к живым выступлением своей группы?

Концерт это всегда большое и важное событие. Нам посчастливилось выступать на самых разных мероприятиях перед самой разной публикой, это были и рядовые метал-концерты в Петербурге, и выступления на закрытых фестах и др. Однажды мы играли в лесу на трехдневном фестивале электронной музыки White Night Experience. Выступая среди деревьев на открытом воздухе, мы получили массу положительных впечатлений, хотя среди других участников фестиваля чувствовали себя не в своей тарелке, как и в общем на многих других выступлениях. Также запомнился концерт в усадьбе, некогда являвшейся имением князей Голициных и Строгановых. Мы тогда отлично провели время в тёплой и приятной компании, душевно отыграли интересную программу и прикоснулись к истории.

Ваши песни довольно грустные и депрессивные…Вы пребываете в таком же состоянии когда сочиняете музыку? И опиши процесс, как происходит у вас создание песни.
Грусть и депрессия – далеко не все чувства, которые можно найти в нашем творчестве. Помимо них мы пытаемся передать ещё множество настроений, идей, эмоций. И вполне логично, что искренне созданная музыкантом мелодия отражает его состояние на момент сочинения. Так что, если в нашей музыке угадывается, например, грусть, то несомненно сочиняя её автор пребывал именно в этом настроении.
Касательно создания песни….тут нельзя однозначно говорить обо всех композициях, но чаще всего основой является написанный Михаилом текст. Гораздо реже первой пишется музыка, но этот подход мы тоже практикуем. Бывает и так, что у одного из нас зарождается идея содержания следующей композиции и тогда текст и музыка создаются одновременно. А свой близкий к окончательному варианту облик композиция приобретает тогда, когда мы собираемся вместе, делимся идеями, наработками…..просто играем, пробуем, ищем и находим.

Какие-нибудь группы повлияли на вас? Например, Evoken?

Да, мы всегда слушали много разной музыки. На каждого из нас повлияли различные коллективы и направления. На ранних этапах творчества мы были наиболее ориентированы на конкретные имена. Подражание неизбежно для любого творческого начинания. Лишь пройдя эту стадию можно пуститься в свободное плавание и свободный поиск. Сейчас трудно сказать, повлияла ли музыка Evoken на наше творчество. Скорее - да, ведь мы тогда его слушали, да и сейчас это нам близко. Из зарубежных имен я назову Esoteric, это та музыка, которая постоянно оказывает на меня сильное воздействие.

Песня Loneliness является моим фаворитом в вашем творчестве. Где и как она была придумана? Она связана с чем-нибудь?

Это единственная песня, текст которой был написан не Михаилом, а нашим экс-скрипачём Антоном Ивченко. Это и отличает её от остальных. Михаил сочинил часть музыки, она родилась в его голове под влиянием творчества всегда восхищавшей его норвежской певицы Kari Rueslatten.

Влияет ли на ваше творчество религия? (Это я о песне Последний Бог…)

Нет.
Но если принять во внимание то, что текст «Последнего Бога» был написан Михаилом под впечатлением от фильма Мела Гибсона «Страсти Христовы» то, возможно, да. Да и слово «Бог» имеет самое прямое отношение к религии.
Слово «святое» больше подходит для вмещения вложенных нами смыслов. Десакрализация, вот, что нас волнует.

Cанкт-Петербург… Этот мрачный, дождливый город с холодной атмосферой. Оказывает ли он на вас влияние?
Да, разумеется. Иначе и быть не может. Наверное, если бы мы творили в какой-нибудь другой точке страны или земного шара, наши произведения были бы совершенно другими. Мы чувствуем контрастность города и его настроения, эти вещи нам близки. Мы любим Санкт-Петербург и восхищаемся им.

У тебя лично есть какие-нибудь ориентиры в лице думовых групп?
Как я уже говорил, мы ориентировались на конкретных музыкантов в начале нашего творческого пути. В фаворитах тогда были My Dying Bride и Katatonia. Но сейчас любимые музыканты не являются компасом для нашего творчества. Мы вдохновляемся окружающей действительностью в различных ее проявлениях.

Как ты считаешь, в России уже образовалась своя дум сцена? И кто по твоему мнению в большей степени повлиял на неё?
Да, конечно, дум сцена образовалась и продолжает стремительно расширяться, но нам она, увы, ничего не дает. Мы часто вместе ходим на концерты с целью познакомиться с новыми группами, но очень редко находим что-то интересное для нас. То, что играется сегодня у нас, почти никогда не выходит за рамки, установленные за рубежом, а чаще всего является просто подражанием. Ну и, разумеется, повлияли на нее громкие европейские и американские имена. Это касается не только дума, но и многих других жанров. Это и так всем известно..
Но такое явление ни сколько не исключает наличие талантливых музыкантов и интересных людей.

Спасибо за содержательное интервью! Добавишь что-нибудь ещё?
Спасибо за интерес к нам и нашему творчеству!

В конце я хочу почтить память недавно ушедшего из жизни Егора Летова.
Chasm
У товарища Лайтбрингера с метлиба есть что предложить:

Esoteric: 2008, 2010
Mournful Congreation: 2009
Worship: 2008
Evoken: 2007
Pantheist: 2010
Skepticism: 2008
Source Of Deep Shadows: 2011
Ordog: 2008
The Slow Death: 2009
и тэдэ. (ищите на сайте)
Всё в русскоязычном варианте.
Lightbringer
[quote name='Chasm' date='Nov 5 2011, 00:57:41' post='1199786']
У товарища Лайтбрингера с метлиба есть что предложить:
Камрад Chasm прав. За отсутствием активистов на "профильных" отечественных doom-ресурсах могу рекомендовать свои интервью, выложенные в полном объёме на metallibrary.ru (и 3-4 штуки давно были выложены на darkside.ru), там есть всё от stoner до death doom. Православные, актуальные группы.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.