Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Various Artists - Souvenirs From Hell (1997)
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Releases Area / Релизы > New Releases > Unformat R:
frost192

*Artist: Various Artists
*Album: Souvenirs From Hell
*Year: 1997
*Genre: Dark Ambient/Martial Industrial/Experimental
*Format: mp3@CBR320kbps
*Size: 85MB

Tracklist:
1. Ulver - Synen
2. Blood Axis - Life
3. Electric Hellfire Club, The - Paradise Reclaimed
4. Empire 44 - Apostate
5. Diabolos Rising - Die Elektrischen Vorspiele
6. Peter H. Gilmore - Vlad Tepes
7. N.A.O.S. - Soulfire (Apokalypsis Of The Daemonic Self)
Total playing time: 36:09

Extended info
This compilation features an exclusive track by Ulver, not released anywhere else.

Review
Souvenirs from Hell

‘Souvenirs from Hell’ is a rare and much sought after compilation released in 1997 via Cthulhu Records. I bought this year’s ago specifically for the Ulver track which is exclusive to this comp. and it's absolutely one of the best songs from the bands early days.

Ulver’s song is an utterly stunning acoustic/neo classical song much in the vein of the material from ‘Kveldssanger.’ The song features breathtaking acoustic guitar work, cellos, Garm’s powerful lead vocals and no less than Hellhammer (Mayhem) on the snare drum. Blood Axis’ song on the other hand is one of most sinister and depressing pieces of music I think I’ve ever heard. It consists of Annabel Lee’s amazing violin work with Michael Moynihan reciting a poem by George Sylvester Viereck in his well known deep stern tone while the light percussion in the background sounds like a heartbeat slowly collapsing. The Electric Hellfire Club song is within the industrial rock genre though I’m not as pleased with it as the two previous songs. Honestly I’ve known about these guys for years but I never managed to check them out.

It’s anyone’s guess who Empire 44 is and I must admit their KMFDM-ish song is nothing impressive at all. Diabolos Rising on the other hand was a short lived project between Magus Wampyr Daoloth (Necromantia) and Mika Luttinen (Impaled Nazarene), which released three albums in the mid-90’s. The band’s sound was somewhere within the industrial to ritual area, but it really has its own thing going. Later on the band changed their named to Raism and released two more albums before breaking up. Peter H. Gilmore was involved in the death metal scene back in the 80’s & early 90’s and you may remember him as the guy that recorded no less than ten intro tracks for the first Acheron album. Anyway I have no idea what kind of music he released during his solo years but this piece at least is a neo classical synth piece that features Peter reciting the story of Vlad Tepes. Lastly (yeah only 7 songs on this comp…) N.A.O.S. was another short lived project from Magus Wampyr Daoloth. This song is within the ambient/experimental vein with both male and female vocals.
Souce: http://lunarhypnosis.blogspot.com/2009/12/...-hell-1997.html

[ Hidden Text ]
frost192
Шикарная подборка ! Есть лось если что 9.gif
666ed
Может есть ещё у кого? Перезалейте, а?
frost192
ЦИТАТА(666ed @ Apr 25 2013, 16:19:22) *
Может есть ещё у кого? Перезалейте, а?

[ Hidden Text ]
666ed
Премного благодарен. Качаю в первую очередь из за Гилмора.
iluabzu
обновите плыз! Песнь Диаболос Ризинг нужна!!!
iluabzu
благодарю за оперативность!
Beerdrinker
Please Reupload!! Thanks in advance
Beerdrinker
Reupload please!!!!!!!!
Moldavite
[ Hidden Text ]
Beerdrinker
QUOTE(Borderline1991 @ Jan 21 2019, 17:50:11) *

Thank You!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.