Lyrical Theme(s):
Christianity (early), Relationships, Inner struggles
Origin:
USA (San Diego, California)
Formed In:
2000-2014, 2017-present
Active
Current Line-Up:
Jordan Mancino Drums (2000-2014, 2018-present)
See also: Souls of We, Wovenwar, ex-Sworn Enemy, ex-Killswitch Engage (live), ex-Unearth (live), ex-Edge of Mortality
Tim Lambesis Vocals (2000-2014, 2017-present)
See also: Austrian Death Machine, Pyrithion, ex-Against the Mark, ex-Life Once Lost, ex-Point of Recognition, ex-Society's Finest
Phil Sgrosso Guitars (2003-2014, 2018-present)
See also: Poison Headache, Saosin (live), ex-Nails (live), ex-Wovenwar
Nick Hipa Guitars (2004-2014, 2018-present)
See also: Wovenwar
Josh Gilbert Bass, Vocals (clean) (2007-2014, 2018-present)
See also: Austrian Death Machine (live), Wovenwar, Year One
Former/Past Member(s):
Noah Chase Bass (2001)
Evan White Guitars (2001-2003)
Jeremy Rojas Guitars (2001)
Jasun Krebs Guitars (2002-2003)
See also: ex-Edge of Mortality
Aaron Kennedy Bass (2003)
Clint Norris Bass (2003-2006), Vocals (clean) (2003-2006)
Live musicians:
Past
Tommy Garcia Bass (2001-2002), Guitars (2002)
Chris Lindstrom Guitars (2001-2002, 2003)
Ruben Gutierrez Guitars (2001)
Brandon Hayes Bass (2002), Guitars (2002)
See also: ex-Ivebeenshot
Caylen Denuccio Bass (2002-2003)
Chad Ackerman Guitars (2002)
See also: A Veil, Chapter 14, ex-Count Your Curses, ex-Destroy the Runner, ex-Skratchline, ex-Die Trying (live)
Mark MacDonald Guitars (2003-2004)
See also: Mercury Switch, ex-Austrian Death Machine (live)
Justin Foley Drums (2009)
See also: Killswitch Engage, ex-Red Tide, Blood Has Been Shed, ex-Unearth (live)
Additional Notes
The group formed as a trio in 2000 with vocalist Tim Lambesis, drummer Jordan Mancino, and guitarist Evan White, and shortly thereafter released Beneath the Encasing of Ashes. The band is named after the William Faulkner novel of the same name. A split CD with American Tragedy followed the next year. In 2003, the band signed with Metal Blade Records and released Frail Words Collapse. After the album's release, White left the band and the remaining core of the group, Lambesis and Mancino, drafted two guitarist to replace him, Phil Sgrosso and Nick Hipa, and also landed a bass player named Clint Norris.

The new lineup recorded 2005's Shadows Are Security. As I Lay Dying next issued A Long March: The First Recordings in May 2006, which included their 2001 out of print debut, along with two versions of their songs from the 2002 split with American Tragedy. The band then spent that summer on the Sounds of the Underground metal/hardcore tour alongside acts like In Flames, Gwar, Trivium, and Cannibal Corpse. Soon after, Clint Norris left to pursue life as a family man and Josh Gilbert replaced him on bass. With the addition of Gilbert's vocal harmonies, the band's sound became more melodic, and in August 2007, the group released their fourth album, An Ocean Between Us.

In the wake of Lambesis' arrest, Sgrosso, Hippa, and Gilbert formally left the group, and the band has announced a hiatus on April 9th, 2014. While Mancino remained a member in As I Lay Dying, he joined Sgrosso, Hippa, and Gilbert as they formed Wovenwar, a new band with Shane Blay of Oh, Sleeper as their vocalist.

On September 2nd, 2017, it was announced by several news outlets that Lambesis had begun working on new material, with plans to release it under the As I Lay Dying name.

Though originally it was reported that none of the former members would return after Tim's incarceration, it was revealed on June 7th, 2018 that the band's 'classic' lineup of Tim Lambesis, Jordan Mancino, Josh Gilbert, Phil Sgrosso, and Nick Hipa had reformed.

Tim Lambesis is the manager for Destroy the Runner. He also produced 2 Sworn Enemy albums and Phil Sgrosso is the owner of Nomad Clothing.

As I Lay Dying recorded a cover of the song "War Ensemble" by Slayer to the soundtrack "Homefront: Songs for Resistanced" for the game Homefront, which can be dowloaded from their official website.

Discography:
As I Lay Dying - Beneath The Encasing Of Ashes [full-length] - 2001
As I Lay Dying & American Tragedy - As I Lay Dying/American Tragedy [split] - 2002
As I Lay Dying - 94 Hours [single] - 2003
As I Lay Dying - Forever [single] - 2003
As I Lay Dying - Frail Words Collapse [full-length] - 2003
As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security [single] - 2005
As I Lay Dying - Through Struggle [single] - 2005
As I Lay Dying - Confined [single] - 2005
As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security [full-length] - 2005
As I Lay Dying - The Darkest Nights [single] - 2006
As I Lay Dying - A Long March: The First Recordings [best of/compilation] - 2006
As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us [full-length] - 2007
As I Lay Dying - The Sound of Truth [single] - 2008
As I Lay Dying - This Is Who We Are [live] - 2009
As I Lay Dying - This Is Who We Are [dvd] - 2009
As I Lay Dying - The Powerless Rise [full-length] - 2010
As I Lay Dying - Decas [best of/compilation] - 2011
As I Lay Dying - Cauterize [single] - 2012
As I Lay Dying - Awakened [full-length] - 2012
As I Lay Dying - My Own Grave [single] - 2018
As I Lay Dying - Redefined [single] - 2019
As I Lay Dying - Shaped By Fire [full-length] - 2019

Official Site: