Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Block Google and go invite only.
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Technical Area / Работа Форума > Remarks And Suggestions
blackdeath
I think blocking gO.Ogle search would be great considering the crazy invasive things the USA does.
and the second, public file sharing is dying fast / or almost dead. that is the future.

discuss...
Ostinato
As with any forum Metalarea requires funding to continue existing. Adverts contribute to these costs and guests are exposed to these as they browse...also remember that all content is only viewable by members.

Whilst it'd be nice to hide MA away from everyone the forum needs new people to survive and prosper...unless you want a monthly donation target. Also remember that Metalarea is a .org rather than a .com and operates from Russia...(i think).
blackdeath
QUOTE(Ostinato @ Jun 30 2013, 12:52:21) *
As with any forum Metalarea requires funding to continue existing. Adverts contribute to these costs and guests are exposed to these as they browse...also remember that all content is only viewable by members.

Whilst it'd be nice to hide MA away from everyone the forum needs new people to survive and prosper...unless you want a monthly donation target. Also remember that Metalarea is a .org rather than a .com and operates from Russia...(i think).

I thought the site has always been donation driven. What adverts are you referring to? Apart from the occasional concert banner at top right, I don't see any advertisements.

A tiny fraction of new members join to upload content and really contribute. They mainly just leech the content that comes from a handful of oldtime uploaders. anyone who is serious about file sharing still could join through private invite channel if the site ever became private.

I'm not sure if .com or .org makes that much of difference. heck not even being completely hosted in Russia.
what is concerning is that the whole site is searchable by Google and that in its entirety is spied on, analyzed and archived by USA. So blocking Google is way more crucial than going private.
Arashi
USA has nothing to do with us. There are many more threats such as any-country companies which job is to search by all means (not only google) free links to music and soft and post abuse letters to all related resources then.
Therefore we just changing approaches of sharing files and preffered free hostings sometimes.

p.s.: Site was always ad-driven(for now there are text ads) somehow and current concerts ads have nothing to do with it.
Some donations helped to recover from completely burned server in 2010.
p.p.s.: Russia has nothing to do with us to.
blackdeath
QUOTE(Arashi @ Aug 4 2013, 21:43:43) *
USA has nothing to do with us...

USA and all its puppet states own the world and they have to do with everything and everyone...

anyway it's your site and you run it how you like. probably the site isn't high ranked enough to attract big brother's attention.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.