Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ofermod - Pentagrammaton (2020)
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Releases Area / Релизы > Archive
lestllk

*Artist: Ofermod
*Album: Pentagrammaton
*Year: 2020
*Genre: Black Metal
*Format: mp3@CBR320kbps
*Size: 103MB

Tracklist:
1. Persisting to Die in Thee 07:13
2. Tiamtü 06:45
3. Unfolding Paradow in Final Redemption 05:19
4. The Becoming of Pentagrammaton 05:23
5. The Birth of a Man God 07:20
6. Foamborn Kytheria 04:28
7. A Likeness to Yah 08:11
Total playing time: 44:39

Extended info
Pentagrammaton was recorded under miserable conditions in genuine affliction, torment and chaos above all in Necromorbus Studio anno 2005. Mixed and mastered originally & remixed and remastered in 2020 by Tore Stjerna. Track 3 written by Atum. Track 7 written by Chivah. All other tracks written by Belfagor. All lyrics written by Belfagor, except “Unfolding Paradox in Final Redemption” which was written by Moloch.

On this recording session Ofermod was:
Belfagor: Guitars
Moloch: Vocals
Tehom: Bass
Chivah: Drums

Pentagrammaton is released in honor of Belial as a product of Shadow Records in 2020, 15 years after it was recorded. All rights reserved.

SHADOW RECORDS (distributed & marketed by REGAIN RECORDS) is proud to present OFERMOD’s long-rumored Pentagrammaton on double-CD and double-LP vinyl formats.

By now, OFERMOD should require no introduction. Formed back in the dark days of 1996, the band released their debut EP, Mystérion Tés Anomias, in 1998. Although a mere two songs, OFERMOD’s opening salvo sowed the seeds for the orthodox black metal movement that would begin to blossom in the new millennium, alongside fellow SHADOW RECORDS alumni FUNERAL MIST and MALIGN. Crime and chaos followed mainman Belfagor everywhere he went, and the band’s momentum remained halted. But that EP was reissued in 2005, just as Belfagor was putting together a new lineup to at last record OFERMOD’s long-awaited debut album, the news of which he revealed in a couple interviews during that time. Mind you, this was back when information about black metal on the internet was sparse at best, and rumors and mysticism still ruled the scene…

Although the lineup Belfagor had assembled featured a number of luminaries in their early stages – Moloch of Teitanblood and also then of Proclamation on vocals, and Atum of Dödfödd and Reverorum ib Malacht also on guitar – misfortune struck OFERMOD again as Belfagor went to prison in 2006 despite work on that long-rumored debut album having been done. That lineup dissolved, and when Belfagor eventually become a free man again, he recorded 2008’s Tiamtü almost entirely himself, save for the vocals, which were handled by MALIGN’s Nord. From there, OFERMOD would continue to release equally mighty works, but the tantalizing fruits of what was intended to be the band’s full-length debut were never to be tasted…

Until now, as SHADOW RECORDS has the esteemed privilege of releasing that album, Pentagrammaton, in a suitably deluxe edition: the original recording featuring Moloch on vocals, and then a second recording feature Belfagor on vocals. Momentous to say the very least, Pentagrammaton contains all the gnarly-yet-graceful black metal glory OFERMOD perfected so early on, here distilled to arguably its most potent essence. It’s everything you’d expect from the band’s long-rumored long-form debut, and yet so much more…the obsidian gleam is almost too much to behold. Then and now, OFERMOD are eternal.

And as tempting/interesting as it’d be to speculate how the black metal scene would’ve been affected had OFERMOD released Pentagrammaton when they originally intended, allow these words from Belfagor to be the final punctuation on the matter:

"I have nothing to teach my fellow man which he cannot learn by himself. I can but smile welcomingly for each decision made by man to plunge into the depths of the infernal regions where my mind feels most at home. About the recording session of Pentagrammaton could be written stories about initiation into the ugly reality of black metal taken to the extremes where it belongs, about naive eyes being opened, about how a creative process is indeed able to take place under the most destructive of conditions. This is a recording spawned through real pain and misery, magic and mystery, and now, many years later, results in victory, as a version that pleases the participants of the recording session is finally released. I choose to stay silent about the details surrounding Pentagrammaton, and let the recording speak for itself. Fortunately, Necromorbus Studios had already decided to change their location when the shit hit the fan in the classic dungeon that Ofermod in a way so fitting for black metal took farewell from in the most Dionysian of ways. Welcome to the dungeon of darkness that is the sonic side of the recording session from Hell."

Technical info

Input File: 01 Persisting to Die in Thee.mp3
Channels : 2
Sample Rate : 44100
Precision : 16-bit
Duration : 00:07:13.08 = 19098872 samples = 32481.1 CDDA sectors
File Size : 17.3M
Bit Rate : 320k
Sample Encoding: MPEG audio (layer I, II or III)
Comments :
Title=Persisting to Die in Thee
Artist=Ofermod
Album=Pentagrammaton
Tracknumber=1
Year=2020

[ Hidden Text ]
babanguida
So far, after a couple of spins it's uninspired and without any particular substance. Previous sounded better from my memories...
Carcharoth
probably a youtube rip.. smile3.gif
babanguida
"Was" better if you need a basic English to understand. That was the meaning.
sethurius
вПечь
lestllk
QUOTE(craP_cillA @ Apr 25 2020, 20:01:37) *

I received this in my email earlier today, I don't think it's a youtube rip, by the way, is it possible to extract audios from youtube with this spectrum? I didn't know that hmm.gif d

Interesting that the album was already on youtube 2 months ago (Mastema), but it was deleted
babanguida
QUOTE(lestllk @ Apr 25 2020, 21:26:02) *
I received this in my email earlier today, I don't think it's a youtube rip, by the way, is it possible to extract audios from youtube with this spectrum? I didn't know that hmm.gif d

By the way, the album was already on youtube 2 months ago (Mastema), but it was deleted

It was apparently an attempt to be humorous.
Antichrist
QUOTE(babanguida @ Apr 25 2020, 20:56:51) *
So far, after a couple of spins it's uninspired and without any particular substance. Previous sounded better from my memories...

This one was recorded in 2005 with Moloch (NSK of Teitanblood) on vocals, but the album wasn't released. It was mixed and remastered in 2020 (by Necromorbus) and released this year. So it's kinda old.
babanguida
QUOTE(wolverine @ Apr 25 2020, 21:52:58) *
This one was recorded in 2005 with Moloch (NSK of Teitanblood) on vocals, but the album wasn't released. It was mixed and remastered in 2020 (by Necromorbus) and released this year. So it's kinda old.

Thanks for the information.
It's not bad but something is missing. Maybe I'm not in the mood.
vosmidesijatye
Cover art makes me laugh my ass off 14.gif 15.gif
Antichrist
QUOTE(vosmidesijatye @ Apr 25 2020, 22:02:16) *
Cover art makes me laugh my ass off 14.gif 15.gif

Minimalistic smile3.gif
Antichrist
First EP Mystérion Tés Anomias and debut album Tiamtü are the best, but this album is great as well. true_black.gif
HviteGuden
ЦИТАТА(wolverine @ Apr 26 2020, 00:10:06) *
First EP Mystérion Tés Anomias and debut album Tiamtü are the best, but this album is great as well. true_black.gif

I appreciate "Thaumiel" more.
Antichrist
QUOTE(HviteGuden @ Apr 26 2020, 02:46:57) *
I appreciate "Thaumiel" more.

Yes, it's a good album. To each his own.
ent404
фигня.
aedicksucker
ЦИТАТА(lestllk @ Apr 25 2020, 20:26:02) *

Interesting that the album was already on youtube 2 months ago (Mastema), but it was deleted

Lol. A lot of your posts are youtube rips.

ЦИТАТА(craP_cillA @ Apr 25 2020, 20:01:37) *

Yes it is.
mardak666
Перезалейте на .ру-обменник, плз!
vosmidesijatye
@320

[ Hidden Text ]
thenecromancer
QUOTE(mardak666 @ Apr 26 2020, 12:53:43) *
Перезалейте на .ру-обменник, плз!

Mirror
[ Hidden Text ]
INDARKNESS
ЦИТАТА(aedicksucker @ Apr 26 2020, 10:22:32) *
Lol. A lot of your posts are youtube rips.
Yes it is.
это по меньшей мере flac рип если судить по спектрам. не проявляйте собственное невежество.
Brann
Интересно познакомиться с материалом, который в переработанном виде был издан в 2008 году, но скорее с исторической точки зрения.

Версия 2008 года мне ближе - Tiamtu переслушиваю регулярно.
BERZERK
ЦИТАТА(sethurius @ Apr 26 2020, 00:24:22) *
вПечь

А вот о 2012 такого не сказать 666
frostdomain
Spectral range looks excellent,a real 320 not a shitty youtube rip
aedicksucker
ЦИТАТА(INDARKNESS @ Apr 26 2020, 14:28:38) *
это по меньшей мере flac рип если судить по спектрам. не проявляйте собственное невежество.

О Господи ! Я когда-то статью по спектрам написал, с обьяснениями, что по спектрам не понять ничего, но всем всё-равно. У lestllk каждый третий (+/-) пост здесь транскод. Спектры сделать не проблема не сложными манипуляциями. Невежество только в том, что вы не можете отличить.

ЦИТАТА(frostdomain @ Apr 26 2020, 21:07:34) *
Spectral range looks excellent,a real 320 not a shitty youtube rip

No. It is.

Ну и самаритянин частенько транскоды постит, но он не сознательно (в отличие lestllk). просто переливет всё-что хоть чуть на метал похоже.
Chasm
О, так это старый материал. Интересно.
thenecromancer
QUOTE(lestllk @ Apr 25 2020, 21:26:02) *

It's still online, why you're saying "was deleted"? hmm.gif Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIAD7toVKI
...and here the version posted only few days ago on another - well known - channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAGNN5ELNw8 true_black.gif
bye.gif
Amadeus
какой злобный дяденька на обложке, будто Гоблин в блецк подался
lestllk
QUOTE(thenecromancer @ Apr 28 2020, 09:52:38) *
It's still online, why you're saying "was deleted"? hmm.gif Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIAD7toVKI
...and here the version posted only few days ago on another - well known - channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAGNN5ELNw8 true_black.gif
bye.gif

but he had removed it, see the comment below
''Mastema
1 week ago''
i removed it when they announced it would be officially released. because honestly i wouldn't piss on any of your heads if they were on fire and i hate the idea of crappy quality rips going around, remember that garbage rip of Destroyer 666 Of Wolves Women And War that was online for years? total vomit. anyway i made this video public again yesterday, just be aware this is crap quality 128kbps mp3s. the release will sound better.
Fess
По сути, ничего особенного. 21.gif
SSWolf88
ЦИТАТА(Fess @ May 2 2020, 04:23:43) *
По сути, ничего особенного. 21.gif

Но получше многих новичков smile3.gif
Der_Hexer
Звучит весьма недурно. Но второй раз слушать нет желания.
judaz
Не осилил.
biroutios
QUOTE(judaz @ Jul 4 2020, 07:18:56) *
Не осилил.

normal_Homerdisgust3.png
milosdjor
320kbps, 2CD version.
[ Hidden Text ]
Namnlos
"Культовый" неизданный альбом, который по слухам конца 2000-х годов был "в разы сильнее дебютника". На деле, увы, ничего особенного здесь нет, а лучшее, что записала эта группа - Mysterion tes anomias, на нём можно было и закончить.
Chasm
лично для меня помимо того что это изначальная, более динамично звучащая версия раннего творчества интересно так же что в одной из версий (диск 1) вокалит NSK под другим псевдонимом и звучит это великолепно.
Darkwood
QUOTE(Namnlos @ Sep 20 2020, 22:48:18) *
"Культовый" неизданный альбом, который по слухам конца 2000-х годов был "в разы сильнее дебютника". На деле, увы, ничего особенного здесь нет, а лучшее, что записала эта группа - Mysterion tes anomias, на нём можно было и закончить.

так и есть. хотя это не мешало задротам с nwn / revelationofdoom [мат->бан]ить на этот альбом как на ману небесную.

лежал он у меня на харде года с 2009 вместе с остальным "редким" шлаком, который на самом деле найух никому не сдался, если будем честными...
sTerLingaz
FLAC
[ Hidden Text ]
Hexer
Послушал я этот раритет из пыльных закромов. Ни о чём если честно. Около музыкальная возня и набивания цены.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.