Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Woods Of Ypres
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Discography Area / Дискографии > Discographies
Indamage

Genre(s):
Melodic Black Metal
Lyrical Theme(s):
Nature, Summer, Sadness, Despair, Adversity, Depression, Canadiana
Origin:
Canada (Toronto, Ontario (Formerly Windsor, Ontario))
Formed In:
Split-up
Last known line-up:
David Gold - Guitars, Vocals (lead) (2002-2011) (R.I.P. 2011) (ex-Necramyth, ex-Gates of Winter, ex-Will of the Ancients, ex-The Northern Ontario Black Metal Preservation Society)
Joel Violette - Guitars (lead) (2010-2011) (Thrawsunblat)
Brendan Hayter - Bass (2011) (Blood of the Gods, Obsidian Tongue)
Rae Amitay - Drums (2011) (Mares of Thrace)
Former/Past Member(s):
Dan Hulse - Bass, Vocals (2005-2008) (ex-Blood of Christ)
Robin Cross - Vocals (2003)
Drums:
Chris "Mezz" Mezzabotta - (2005-2008) (Soulstorm, Wetwork, ex-Left Hand Creation)
Evan Madden - (2008-2011) (Dead Until Dawn, Sylvan Realm, The Green Evening Requiem, ex-Shadows of Dawn, ex-Woe)
Guitar:
Brian McManus - (2002-2003)
Steve Jones - (2003-2004) (ex-Aven Aura)
Dustin Black - (2003)
Lee Maines - (2008) (Gates of Winter)
Bryan Belleau - (2008-2010) (Gates of Winter)
Shawn Stoneman - (2007-2008) (Soulstorm)
Bass:
Aaron Palmer - (2002-2003) (ex-The Northern Ontario Black Metal Preservation Society, ex-Arkayic Revolt)
Connor Sharpe - (2003-2004) (ex-Archaeon)
Shane Madden - (2008-2011) (he Green Evening Requiem, ex-Woe)
Steve Furgiuele - (2008-2009) (Gates of Winter)
Keyboards:
Jessica Rose - (2003-2007)
Brian Holmes - (2008) (ex-Gates of Winter)
Additional Notes
Founded in 2002 by David Gold and Aaron Palmer. Aaron moved after the recording of the first album and later the two paired up again for a project called The Northern Ontario Black Metal Preservation Society.
David Gold was the owner of Krankenhaus Records (the former label he released Woods of Ypres albums on) and Practical Art Records (the label The Green Album is released on). He also performed guest drums for Joel Violette's project Thrawsunblat's 2010 demo. David Gold passed away on December 22nd, 2011 in a car accident between a pedestrian and a car. No further details have been released as of December 25th/2011. He was 31.

As for the future of the band, Joel Violette, David's bandmate and long-time collaborator, had the following statement:
"I am completely shocked and utterly at a loss for words about David's passing. I write this with a very heavy heart, and I can only imagine what David's family is going through, as well as the rest of his friends. My heart goes out to them all.

"This tragedy comes at a truly inopportune time for Woods of Ypres, though there is never an opportune time for these things to happen. We'd booked to tour Europe in support of Woods 5, we'd recruited the talented Rae Amitay and Brendan Hayter, and we were only waiting for January rehearsals before setting off. We had an exciting album to play and exciting places to play it.

"It's hard to say what is next for Woods. David was unequivocally the voice, heart, and soul of the band. In the last year or so David and I planned out many projects for Woods of Ypres in great detail. It would be a shame for none of them to come to fruition, and David would have wanted his fans to hear them. So I will examine these, discuss them with Earache, and endeavour to complete what can be completed given the circumstances. David was always and still is the essence of Woods of Ypres. So if and when any Woods projects come to light, it will be with this fact firmly and unwaveringly in mind.

"For the present time my immediate task is to promote and release Woods 5: Grey Skies & Electric Light. We finished the audio portion in August at Beach Road Studios, and David D'Angelo finished the stunning album art last month. All that remains is press and promotion for the album. And I'm more than willing to do my own share as well as David's, with the same passion, enthusiasm, and good humor David would have had. So please direct any interviews to me, and I will be thrilled to answer questions.

"It was an honour to have worked with David, an honour to have shared the stage with him, and an honour to have spent a summer writing and recording with him. He was an extremely talented, driven, and generous man. He will be sorely missed."

Additional in discography:
Woods Of Ypres - Live In Toronto [bootleg] - 2005

Discography:
Woods Of Ypres - Against The Seasons: Cold Winter Songs From The Dead Summer Heat [demo] - 2002
Woods Of Ypres - Pursuit Of The Sun & Allure Of The Earth [full-length] - 2004
Woods Of Ypres - Woods III: Deepest Roots And Darkest Blues [full-length] - 2007
Woods Of Ypres - Allure of the Earth [single] - 2009
Woods Of Ypres - Independent Nature 2002-2007 [best of/compilation] - 2009
Woods Of Ypres - Woods IV: The Green Album [full-length] - 2009
Woods Of Ypres - Home [single] - 2011
Woods Of Ypres - Woods 5: Grey Skies & Electric Light [full-lenght] - 2012

Official site:
Woods Of Ypres @ MySpace
Halls
вот бы еще

Allure of the Earth Single, 2009
Independent Nature 2002-2007 Best of/Compilation, 2009
Fess
Очередной очень нужный и стоящий вклад в дискографию! Отличная группа!
Halls
Woods 4: the GREEN album

уже пишется
AndreasS
Allure of the Earth single out now!

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/woods-y...shipping-2.html

fear.gif

Allure of the Earth single out now!

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/woods-y...shipping-2.html

fear.gif
Thiarnan
http://www.youtube.com/DavidYpres все песни с нового альбома выложили, ниче так думец)

http://www.myspace.com/woodsofypres - облога и новые фотки.

Изменились они слегка))
AndreasS
Woods IV is out. It was released 13/11/2009. Anyone have a good quality rip?

Beware: there's a transcode floating around...
Halls
ЦИТАТА(AndreasS @ Nov 26 2009, 12:55:37) *
Beware: there's a transcode floating around...

Transcode from?
wintersun
David Gold died yesterday...
RIP my friend...
Vrolok
ЦИТАТА(wintersun @ Dec 23 2011, 15:36:39) *
David Gold died yesterday...
RIP my friend...

Фронтмен/ударник и основатель WOODS OF YPRES David Gold 22 декабря погиб недалеко от Barrie, Ontario. Информация о смерти в его ближайшем окружении пока публично не подтверждена.
DeathAndMassacre
Thanks for this. RIP David Gold
DarkHorde
All Releases Updated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.