Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cry Of Silence - Wandering Through Pagan Times (2009)
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Releases Area / Релизы > Archive > Low Bitrate Archive (read only)
War Wolf Spirit

*Artist: Cry Of Silence
*Album: Wandering Through Pagan Times
*Year: 2009
*Genre: Heathen Black Metal
*Format: mp3@VBR163kbps
*Size: 61MB

Tracklist:
01 - Intro (3:21)
02 - Forgotten Land (9:17)
03 - Last Tears Of The Wolf (8:02)
04 - Nocturnal Silence Creeps (8:54)
05 - Tears Of Mother (9:00)
06 - Cry Of The Raven (6:16)
07 - Strength Over Weakness (4:29)
08 - Outro (1:56)
Total playing time: 51:15

Metal Archives Artist Page - Cry Of Silence
Last.fm Artist Page - Cry Of Silence
Zyklon-B Productions - Mp3 Player

Extended info
Cry Of Silence

Artist Bio

Genre - Heathen Black Metal (Hellenic Black Metal)
Lyrical themes include - Heathen Pride, The Vast Hellenic Forests & Nature; The Gods, Paganism, Nostalgia, Anti-Humanity, Pain, Loss, and Depression.

Though there may be lyrical content, and imagery that suggests otherwise, Cry of Silence should not be considered ‘Depressive Black Metal’. Granath has also slightly reshaped the face of the band recently by recruiting a female backing vocalist/lyricist and has personally labeled Cry Of Silence as "Heathen Black Metal".

Album Release Information

Cry Of Silence 2009 - Wandering Through Pagan Times

Released on Monday 29 June, 2009 by Zyklon-B Productions

Distributed in the following formats:
- LP - 200 copies
- CD - 500 copies
- CD in A5 DIGIBOOK - 100 copies

[Zyklon-B Productions - Cry Of Silence featured merchandise -]

Various Detailed Information -

Though there is no longer a myspace page, or any online site to reference Cry Of Silence, or to communicate with Granath, he has NOT decided to end the project. Nor has he forsaken Sarvari, which has a new full-length album to be released soon, also on Zyklon-B Productions.

Also...the oft assumed rumor that he has killed himself is not true, though it is amusing. At least to us.

This album was originally intended to be entitled 'Journey Through Pagan Times'. Original mix of this album was finished recording towards the beginning of 2008. It was delayed due to various reasons. Zyklon-B Productions backlog/scheduling, not to mention the printing of the hand-written artwork took a great deal of time to finish & print the high quality glossy pages of Cry Of Silence's 2nd full length album. Granath also decided on a few changes from time to time. Which makes the following information even more...interesting.

There is a typo on track 7 on the official CD back cover which reads: 'Strenght' Over Weakness, instead of 'Strength'. To this point, Zyklon-B, nor Granath have attempted in any way to confirm this one way or the other. (Let the forum battles & bloodletting begin.)

(Update Edit) *Regarding the typo on track 7-
It is indeed a typo. Also, it is entirely the fault of the person behind Zyklon-B Productions. Apparently, the prints for the album have been ready since last January. Obviously, he saw the mistake but didn't want to pay again for the prints of the artwork (which were drawn personally by Granath.) That tells me everything I need to know at least, about what kind of person is behind that label...This is how I see it: Basically he had over a year to get this right, and still managed to fuck it up.

And the owner is not the only one who missed it. He had a girl that works for him deal with the artwork that was presented to them for printing, etc. People who may work for him at times, not to mention the many people that have had access personally to see the pre-release artwork and arrangements of it since last January. Which includes various customers, and friends of course, but also distros, his webpage admins, and probably a lot more than only these examples. In my mind, all of these things show his level of respect for the projects on his label, saying nothing about pride for his work. What a fucking joke.

Perhaps I am overly critical about what to some people may think is no big deal? I disagree...I think you fail to see the larger picture, or do not like being critical of others. Even knowing the facts, (which I will go into much better detail about soon) I still feel the same way. I haven't had the chance to ask Granath again about this bullshit, and his thoughts about all of it...though one can assume that he's probably feeling more than insulted by the entire thing. Someone in charge of a label with their past work and reputation that he does never should have let this happen. Regardless if it was overlooked by incredible coincidence, should at least have to take shit for it. Or...it was known about well. For over a year. And still ignored completely. Neither of them justify such a thing coming from a professional, and only little wit can excuse him. If it was me having to look at my record and every single time I did, I thought about that mistake...I would have shoved one of those 'Limited to 100 copies' a5 digipacks down his throat, and sent him home to his fucking mom.

But that's just how I feel. Though I am a sociopath who only has passion in 'life' left only for this artform; therefore this would (does) offend the shit out of me personally, as one may who has first-hand knowledge of how these things work behind the scenes. Deal with it. So that also means that this album has been delayed all this time...for no reason whatsoever. Nice.

Credits

Special thanks go especially to Granath himself for providing the original pre-issue rip to a few people. Having to trust his fans and comrades enough to believe that his album would not reach the public until release date. Not to mention allowing us to release his music with a good attitude and understanding about it in the first place. (Dare I actually express 'thanks' also to those that have possessed this for long enough, and did not fuck it up for everyone by trying to make a name for themselves online. This happens too often these days.)

Also...most of the credit for this release goes to WindOfMayh3m for his generous contribution(s) to make this release (amongst countless others) possible. You have my eternal gratitude and support for everything you do for comrades, the artists, and for the underground. Don't ever change, my friend. -Heathen Regards-

[ Hidden Text ]
Metallolita
17.gif Thanks,friend.
Hvit Ulv
Жаль, битрейт маловат...
War Wolf Spirit
I must apologize for taking so fucking long to finish the upload for this. I had posted it immediately, only to find out through various searching (AFTER waiting forever for it to be approved, and wondering what was taking so long), I found out that it had been posted in the under 128 category due to the lowvbr nature of the promo itself. It was just under the minimum allowed on metalarea, and would not be posted.

There is good news, however. I had another rip handy, in case something silly like that occured, and was ready...Though I was ready with the new rip, real life, amongst other shit can get in the way, and delays happen. That was 2 days ago or so that I posted the original, and only just NOW sent the new release in for moderation.

This time I decided to include a much more detailed release, including many obscure references, links, and various other related information that I'm sure many fans will appreciate...though other people surely will not. hehe smile1.gif

I decided to ask Ha7tur to help me out with re-posting the new release, and deleting the old one, etc. and that made me a lot less ... pissed off about the entire delay in the first place. I was positive that someone would attempt to pull the release out from under me, which has happened to me in the past. Don't get me wrong...though I have no desire to make some sort of name for myself as a releaser, it does NOT mean that someone doing that shit wouldn't make me want to hunt them down and kill them with my bare hands. That shit is so weak & pathetic...

Anyways, once I knew I did not have to worry about the release, it made me feel much better, I can assure you. Even though I was no longer worried about the release...many, MANY other personal situations came up, which I could not ignore. Basically, without Ha7tur's assistance, I would have said fuck this whole thing, and the only rip that would have been available for awhile, or longer would have been the promo. (To only those who are even aware of the 'Lower than 128kbps' topic, which does not show up in search anywhere.) Therefore...Anyone that gives a fuck enough to have read this entire message should give their regards/thanks to him also.

*Regarding the typo on track 7-
It is indeed a typo. Also, it is entirely the fault of the person behind Zyklon-B Productions. Apparently, the prints for the album have been ready since last January. Obviously, he saw the mistake but didn't want to pay again for the prints of the artwork (which were drawn personally by Granath.) That tells me everything I need to know at least, about what kind of person is behind that label...This is how I see it: Basically he had over a year to get this right, and still managed to fuck it up.

And the owner is not the only one who missed it. He had a girl that works for him deal with the artwork that was presented to them for printing, etc. People who may work for him at times, not to mention the many people that have had access personally to see the pre-release artwork and arrangements of it since last January. Which includes various customers, and friends of course, but also distros, his webpage admins, and probably a lot more than only these examples. In my mind, all of these things show his level of respect for the projects on his label, saying nothing about pride for his work. What a fucking joke.

Perhaps I am overly critical about what to some people may think is no big deal? I disagree...I think you fail to see the larger picture, or do not like being critical of others. Even knowing the facts, (which I will go into much better detail about soon) I still feel the same way. I haven't had the chance to ask Granath again about this bullshit, and his thoughts about all of it...though one can assume that he's probably feeling more than insulted by the entire thing. Someone in charge of a label with their past work and reputation that he does never should have let this happen. Regardless if it was overlooked by incredible coincidence, should at least have to take shit for it. Or...it was known about well. For over a year. And still ignored completely. Neither of them justify such a thing coming from a professional, and only little wit can excuse him. If it was me having to look at my record and every single time I did, I thought about that mistake...I would have shoved one of those 'Limited to 100 copies' a5 digipacks down his throat, and sent him home to his fucking mom.

But that's just how I feel. Though I am a sociopath who only has passion in 'life' left only for this artform; therefore this would (does) offend the shit out of me personally, as one may who has first-hand knowledge of how these things work behind the scenes. Deal with it. So that also means that this album has been delayed all this time...for no reason whatsoever. Nice.
LUXAETERNA
First of all, on behalf of Granath I'd like to thank War Wolf Spirit for promoting Cry of Silence and keeping it going as well as Sarvari. However, the fact, that anybody can download it, pretty much from anywhere, is a bit disturbing, however the system works like that nowadays. The first and foremost information I'd like to share is that Granath is alive and well, I have no idea, whatsoever, who came up with such information about him being dead due to depression etc. If such supposition is based on the style of music he plays, then many people do not understand what is that music really about.
Regarding the new C.O.S. album - Wandering through Pagan times....Granath's work has been completely misunderstood and very much not taken into account. The whole layout of the album was supposed to look completely different than it actually looks. It is worth to mention, that Granath himself has not yet obtained any copies nor anything of his recent release, he had no idea how is the album going to look like and how many actual copies are going to be made and in what kind of format. I believe that this speaks for it all. The cooperation with the highly unprofessional label is dramatic, there does not exist mutual understanding, it is very deceiving and Granath is more than decided to end the cooperation with such company, if I may call it such. The album was suppose to be released last year as the material was ready to go to print, yet comunication between him and his label froze as it always does. The reason for deleting My Space profile was, that he did not want to belong to such community anymore, his beliefs are deeper than those shared on such pages. Who is interested in Sarvari and C.O.S. will always find a way how to get new CDs or some news coming from Granath. The other important fact is, that none of Granath's bands, either Sarvari or Cry of Silence is NSBM. Whoever shares this kind of information, he/she surely gets facts mixed up. What have nature, runes, philosophy etc. to do with NSBM? Such a pity world we live in, really. So as Granath said, both bands material in purely in underground heathen black metal style and is not going to be any different...! As for conspirations regarding split of Sarvari with Nargaroth...that split is real, both bands knew what they were doing and both of them agreed to that. Again, conspiration against....what??? If anyone has need to spread such malice, do it, but what goes around, comes around....
aesteticvice
fear.gif май гад(?)еще два только иностранных Невромансера-о чем они?
Fess
За релиз конечно спасибо, но вот я сейчас специально сидел и сравнивал этот новый альбом с предыдущим...
Особой разницы не увидел, если честно. Что тут, что там истеричный вокал, музыкальная сырость, атмосферность... Нет, конечно, я не говорю, что это плохо, просто как-то однообразно.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.