Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommend me: Black Metal with (Pipe) Organ
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Discussions Area / Тёрки > Black Metal
Narasimha
So i'm really into these Organ (Keyboard?) tunes like in Abysmal Grief (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elVVOvIyl2g)

But i'm mostly into Black Metal, and i couldn't find a band that uses these sort of Organ or Keyboard Tunes in their Black Metal music. Can someone recommend stuf? When i look at the Coverart of De Mysterii Dom Sathanas for example i imagine Organ tunes like in Abysmal Grief, but Mayhem obviously never used that kind of tunes. So what i'm looking for is like Mayhem with Abysmal Grief Organ Tunes.

I know of Lychgate but they are too much Progressive for my taste. Also i know of several "Symphonic" Black Metal Bands, but they use Keyboards not the way i'm looking for. I'm looking really for dark horror like church organ pipe tunes, not some happy Dimmu shit. And Carach Angren is also not what i'm looking for.

Do you know good Bands that fit my description?
celestial_keeper
try Ontos On

Doubt you'll like it, but this is definitely BM with Pipe Organ bye.gif
Narasimha
QUOTE(celestial_keeper @ Sep 29 2018, 12:57:25) *
try Ontos On

Doubt you'll like it, but this is definitely BM with Pipe Organ bye.gif

The Pipe Organ is good but the music is too much war metal and chaotic. I want really dark satanic riffs that play together with the pipe organ.
RunningWild_AT
QUOTE(Narasimha @ Sep 29 2018, 15:31:16) *
The Pipe Organ is good but the music is too much war metal and chaotic. I want really dark satanic riffs that play together with the pipe organ.

Know Lithuanian Anubi?
They play a strange kind of Avantgarde BM with saxophone, violins, organs, unusual used keyboards, declarations and all this blackish roar… - but they don´t use this kind of organ too often.

My Dying Bride´s "From darkest Skies" has some organ parts.

Pretty sure you´ve seen this already (not BM but an amazing Organ Intro):

The amazing Vladimir of Mirrorthrone´s fame is using an organ from time to time, e.g. intro & end of this song:

Colombian Apolion´s Genocide use an organ in A el Resplandeciente Hijo del Alba.

Theatres des Vampires use a (synth) pipe organ quite often, fits perfectly, check out The Snow turns red, The Impaler and others.

That´s all I can think of now, let me know what you think…
Narasimha
Thanks for the reply...

Anubi is too Avantgarde for me.
My dying Bride too much Doom.
Mirrorthrone not "cryptlike" enough for me.
Apolion's Genocide use not enough Organ and they are just nott hat good..donÄt like their Metal parts..
Theatres des Vampires comes close but is a bit too melodic for me.

Here is another example of what i'm searching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkbitd8e398 (Like in the first song)
In this particular case it's not organ but thats the style i'm looking for. Just this really eerie haunted keyboard (or also organ) play combined with gloomy BM
acerbus

?
comradEnemy
Gehenna "First Spell"'s keyboards are imitating the organ sound

(edit: ok, it's just the first song that does that)
Narasimha
ЦИТАТА(acerbus @ Oct 13 2018, 15:16:08) *

?

Yeah thats kinda perfect. It's like Abysmal Grief but in Black Metal.

I wonder why all those italian Bands can use Keyboards the way i like it.
acerbus
Oh, and I almost forgot about them: Negative Plane pray.gif
Pretty obvious recommendation, in fact.
Narasimha
ЦИТАТА(acerbus @ Oct 13 2018, 17:29:59) *
Oh, and I almost forgot about them: Negative Plane pray.gif
Pretty obvious recommendation, in fact.

Yes i already knew them, they are pretty great.
I totally love this cryptic dark church atmosphere in blackmetal.
Narasimha
Still searching for bands..
Antichrist
Maybe Paradise Lost ''Gothic''. Or first demos by Graveland, but their quality isn't very good. They should fit in with your description though.

Helgrindr and Evilfeast are something very different, but these are great Black Metal with keyboards. Not some cheerful shit, just a dark atmosphere.
Storky
First song here
The Kryptik - Behold Fortress Inferno [ep] (2020)
sewage
Abhor - Occulta Religio.
Antichrist
Try Elend. It's a neoclassical band, but very close to Black Metal. Great dark/gothic atmosphere with a lot of Satanic lyrics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.