Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Night Profound - Via Nocturna (2018)
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Releases Area / Релизы > New Releases > Unformat R:
lestllk

*Artist: Night Profound
*Album: Via Nocturna
*Year: 2018
*Genre: Neofolk
*Format: mp3@CBR320kbps
*Size: 82MB

Tracklist:
1. I Am Initiation
2. I Am The Return
3. I Am Self Immolation
4. Cast A Shadow On The Sun
5. Eclipse
6. Freezing Moon
Total playing time: 35:31

Extended info
What you are hearing is the aural result of a wayward journey into the abyss. What eventually manifested is beyond anything we initially thought possible. In the 11th month of MMXIV, Night Profound literally set sail for a nearly abandoned gulf island in British Columbia. The destination was a decrepit, partially defunct wooden church. We reclaimed this sacred space in our own vision, and converted this house of god into our own Temple of the Black Serpent.

In hermetic abscondence, a straight 13 hour recording session took place throughout the night. The initial solid base of acoustic guitars and drums came easy. But, as the evening descended into induced madness, the artistic spiritual conduit was established. As members of our party swam in and out of conscious intent, the veil between Music and Will diminished. Every sound represents a higher state achieved. Every sound captured in that space is preserved here.

While several elements were added or redubbed in the Serpents Lair studio, a piece of that joyous madness and evoked living Will remains embedded in each movement. We consciously have not added additional instrumentation that wasn't available to us in that church.

“Eclipse” was captured spontaneously during an entranced rehearsal in the decay of MMXV. Recorded completely live off the floor, it was an unplanned expression of unity beyond the sum of its parts. This is ritual music.

Our re-imagination of "Freezing Moon" is presented with all due respect to the timeless and legendary originators in Mayhem.

Technical info

Input File: 01 I Am Initiation.mp3
Channels : 2
Sample Rate : 44100
Precision : 16-bit
Duration : 00:03:59.22 = 10549558 samples = 17941.4 CDDA sectors
File Size : 9.61M
Bit Rate : 321k
Sample Encoding: MPEG audio (layer I, II or III)
Comments :
Title=I Am Initiation
Artist=Night Profound
Album=Via Nocturna
Tracknumber=1
Year=2018
Genre=Neo-Folk/Martial Industrial

[ Hidden Text ]
sacrut
Night Profound is the sound of ascension in all forms, and the inevitable suffering and anguish that comes with it. A Gestalt veneration of the Nightside essence beyond the forms. Starting out as the solo-project of S.P Hache (Mitochondrion, Auroch, ex-Havoc) in 2010, it functioned as an alternative to the extreme metal he had been exclusively known for until then. Finding more solace and expression in dark folk, martial industrial, and other challenging experimental forms of music, it became the evocative voice he desperately needed. Enter long-time comrade R. Scythe Bearer (ex-Pestkreuz, ex-Havoc) in the torturous year of 2013, and the Night Profound egregore sprang to life out of many personal ashes. Sharing much in common, Scythe Bearer had been a member of several sinister black metal entities himself, and similarly always found a resolute identity within any dark, numinous, and sublime musical forms. The two had originally bonded in their youth over extreme music, graveyard rites, and fringe esotericism. The doors to the future of Night Profound were suddenly and unexpectedly flung wide open - the entity now redefined as a Two Headed Serpent. Merging the history and experience from this collective past, the collaborative nature of the Black Serpent began to manifest.

Night Profound functioned as a vehicle to transcend beyond the limiting one-dimensionalism of extreme music, while diverging into expansive, personally raw, and even beautiful territory. As the sound and aesthetic began to develop it was clear that Night Profound had become a force of its own: every bit essential to the whole identities of its core members. The union of opposites, and thus the wholeness of a musical vision.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.