Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ...And Oceans
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Discography Area / Дискографии > Discographies
Thiarnan

Genre(s):
Symphonic Black Metal (early), Industrial/Electronic Metal (later)
Origin:
Finland (Pietarsaari/Vaasa)
Formed In:
Active
Last known line-up:
Kenny (aka Killstar, K-2T4-S) - Vocals (1995-) (O)
T (aka Tripster, Neptune) - Guitar (1995-) (Deathbound, Rotten Sound, O)
Pete (Petri Seikkula) - Guitar (2001-) (Deathbound, The True Black Dawn, O)
Q (Mika Aalto, aka Atomica, Gaunt) - Bass (1999-) (Black Dawn (Fin), Deathbound, Malev6, Rotten Sound, The True Black Dawn, Vomiturition, O)
Sami Latva - Drums (2002-) (All in Me, Deathbound, Ghost Guard, Rotten Sound, O)
Anti (aka Plasmaar, Anzhaar) - Keyboards, Programming (1995-) (Black Dawn (Fin), The True Black Dawn)
Former/Past Member(s):
Guitar:
7Even II (aka De Monde) - (1996-2001, also Bass) (O)
Bass:
Mr. Oos - (1995-1998)
Jallu
Drums:
Martex - (Jani Martikkala, aka Cauldron, Grief, Mr. Plaster) (1995-2000) (Black Dawn (Fin), Enochian Crescent, Nocturnal Feast, The True Black Dawn, Throes of Dawn, O)
Janne - (MyGrain, Terrorwheel)
Piia - Keyboards (also Violin)
Additional notes:
Formerly known as Festerday. By ...And Oceans' 10-year anniversary, the band changed their name to Havoc Unit to signify the change in their sound.

The band members have had many different aliases throughout the years, making it difficult to track them. Most of them have been found out and are listed next to the names of the respective members.

Started off as a symphonic black metal band, but on "A.M.G.O.D." they started leading down an experimental electronic/industrial metal path.

Many myths have existed about ...And Oceans due to their eccentric personalities, for example singer Kenny was long thought to be homosexual because of his habit of painting his head blue and dancing on stage in a white dress (that part is true!) until he personally dispelled it in an interview in 2002. More bizarre is the myth that You (credited as a vocalist on "The Symmetry Of I, The Circle of O") is a real person, and many people actually think there are two singers on that album. Actually, You is Kenny's ventriliquist dummy who is shown (and even labeled) on the back of the insert.

Discography:
...And Oceans - Wave [demo] - 1995
...And Oceans - Promo Tape [demo] - 1996
...And Oceans - Mare Liberum [demo] - 1998
...And Oceans - The Dynamic Gallery Of Thoughts [full-length] - 1998
...And Oceans & Bloodthorn - War Vol.I [split] - 1998
...And Oceans - The Symmetry Of I - The Circle Of O [full-length] - 1999
...And Oceans - ...And Oceans [best of/compilation] - 2000
...And Oceans - Morphogenesis [best of/compilation] - 2001
...And Oceans - A.M.G.O.D. [full-length] - 2001
...And Oceans - Cypher [full-length] - 2002
...And Oceans - The Dynamic Gallery Of Thoughts / The Symmetry Of I - The Circle Of O [best of/compilation] - 2003
...And Oceans & Havok Unit & The Sin:decay - Synaesthesia (The Requiem Reveries) [split] - 2007
...And Oceans & Havoc Unit - ...And Oceans/Havoc Unit [split] - 2007
...And Oceans - Cosmic World Mother [full-length] - 2020

Official Site:
0x13
Added
...And Oceans - Morphogenesis [best of/compilation] - 2001 by Lanceatum
silentwolftears
Thanks alot man =D awesome band!
Persian Gorgrinder
Added
...And Oceans - ...And Oceans [best of/compilation] - 2000 by Velemysl
legion01
muchas gracias
saludos desde argentina
samsam14
smile3.gif thanks thanks thanks
great job
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.