Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barn Owl - From Our Mouths A Perpetual Light [CD Version] (2009)
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Releases Area / Релизы > New Releases > Unformat R:
Kuratsu

*Artist: Barn Owl
*Album: From Our Mouths A Perpetual Light [CD Version]
*Year: 2009
*Genre: Psychedelic Drone Rock
*Format: flac@597kbps
*Size: 213MB

Tracklist:
1 Voice Of The Other 5:03
2 Lotus Cloud 5:03
3 The Stones Speak Through The Fire 1:51
4 The White Mountain Filled With Light 3:44
5 Road To Bardo 4:25
6 The Last Parade 5:01
7 Mouths Of Light 3:09
8 Teonanacatl 7:01
9 Floating Oni* 4:02
10 Oakland Invokation* 10:41
Total playing time: 50:00

Extended info
But Vinyl of the Month must surely go to yet another release from America’s superb Not Not Fun label, this time in the form of FROM OUR MOUTHS A PERPETUAL LIGHT from the amorphous trio Barn Owl. Clothed in a fine art sleeve that depicts a four-armed shaman clad in stags horn and wolf-skin, this record is an Ur-howl from the ancestral underworld, a canyon deep Gnostic trip that appears to conjure up not the lost spirits of Native Americans, but of the first white settlers themselves. It’s as though the first layer of European settlers has been re-activated through the music and Barn Owl are transmitters rather than the originators. As the late-19th century Ohio poet Vachel Lindsay intuitively grasped, and as Prof. Carl Jung once commented whilst watching the workers during his guided tour of a Detroit automobile factory in the 1930s, the enormously vast North American continental landmass is never enslaved by its new occupiers, rather it makes natives of all those who settle upon it, and for everyone it is always sooner rather than later. This Barn Owl is as ancient as the Gods themselves, as vital as the heroes who ape them and bait them, and as fertile as the Muses from whom they dine and sup. Grab this essential slab from Not Not Fun Records
Julian Cope

[ Hidden Text ]
Mikhail1944
Looks promising! Thanks! 9.gif
msk1147
Mikhail1944
Офигенная тема! Чем-то напоминает Earth - HEX.
Beloved_Kadavr
Тогда качну, ога.
uN90D1y
Зеркало на ту рапиду, которая mp3 v0:
[ Hidden Text ]
VVurd
I've downloaded this album quite a long time ago, but I've reminded about it just now, so I decided to check it finally. And I must say this is great stuff! Abstract, atmospheric, meditative... 20.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.