Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rush - Caress Of Steel (1975)
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Releases Area / Релизы > New Releases > Unformat R:
Yarri

*Artist: Rush
*Album: Caress Of Steel
*Year: 1975
*Genre: Progressive Rock
*Format: mp3@CBR320kbps
*Size: 108MB

Tracklist:
01. Bastille Day 04:41
02. I Think I'm Going Bald 03:42
03. Lakeside Park 04:11
04. The Necromancer 12:34
I. Into The Darkness
II. Under The Shadow
III. Return Of The Prince
05. The Fountain Of Lamneth 20:00
I. In The Valley
II. Didacts And Narpets
III. No One At The Bridge
IV. Panacea
V. Bacchus Plateau
VI. The Fountain
Total playing time: 45:08

Extended info
EAC V0.95 beta 4 + Lame 3.93.1
WinRAR + 5 %
incl. covers

About

Caress of Steel is the third studio album by Canadian rock band Rush, released in 1975. The album shows more of Rush's adherence to the hard rock and progressive rock styles of the band's first two albums. Long pieces, pieces broken up into parts, and solo passages of speed and agility are all included. The album is often considered notable for the inclusion of the band's first two epic pieces, "The Necromancer", and "The Fountain of Lamneth", which runs to nearly 20 minutes and comprised the whole of side two of the original vinyl release. Intended to be Rush's breakthrough album, it sold fewer copies than their previous record and was considered a disappointment by their record company, with the tour becoming known as the "Down The Tubes Tour".

Line-up

Geddy Lee - bass guitar and vocals
Alex Lifeson - 6 and 12 string electric and acoustic guitars, classical guitar, steel guitar
Neil Peart - drums, percussion and lyrics

[ Hidden Text ]
Yarri
Перезалил на ипапку.
ElfinQueen
[ Hidden Text ]
DeathCrush
[ Hidden Text ]
vam1972
До сегодняшнего дня считал, что этот - второй по счету альбом в дискографии. В любом случае, моё отношение к нему не изменилось - аххренительная вещь! Имея в арсенале, грубо говоря, три инструмента, канадцы создали достойного соперника для In The Court..., Aqualung и Selling The England... Размявшись в начале на коротких номерах, и выдав на-гора запоминающуюся своей мелодией Lakeside Park, рашевцы двинулись в сторону сложных форм, причём, в первую очередь они удивили разнообразием соединённых вместе различных мелодический кусков, оформив их богатыми инструментальными партиями: в некроманцеровской Under The shadow, например, очень увлекательно слышать одновременно две мелодии, одна из которых играется гитарой, вторая - басом. ТретЬЯ часть Necromancer тоже, кстати, получилась мелодичной вкусняшкой. Ну и в пару Necromancer отличной вышла и The Fountain..., которая кстати показала в определённой степени вектор развития для Led Zeppelin в их финальном альбоме - имеющий уши услышит. Расхваливать The Fountains бессмысленно, он архикрут, и его просто надо слушать, как и весь альбом Caress of Steel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.