Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apolokia - Frozen Evocation [demo] (1995)
Metal Area - Extreme Music Portal > Releases Area / Релизы > Archive
Funeral Frost

*Artist: Apolokia
*Album: Frozen Evocation [demo]
*Year: 1995
*Genre: Depressive Black Metal
*Format: mp3@CBR256kbps
*Size: 33MB

Tracklist:
1. Overture To Immortality (1:36)
2. A Norse Evil Shadow (3:27)
3. The Beauty Inside Pagan Forest (4:01)
4. Pentagram Frozen Dimension (3:24)
5. Jesus Killing War (5:52)
Total playing time: 18:20

Extended info
шрайк и безумные крики в комплекте.
а также клавишные и всяческие погодные эффекты.
очень классная демка. очень атмосферная.

по скорости и настроению я бы назвал даж суисайдалом..
третий трек шикарный.

[ Hidden Text ]
Unknown
Перезалейте!
varlam4
[ Hidden Text ] те же параметры
varlam4
[ Hidden Text ]256
sethurius
Я про итальянскую даже не знал. Только из Германии слушал.
Эта тоже убийственная .Старый добрый депрессив. С давно забытым вокалом. Романтика одним словом
Moldavite
QUOTE(sethurius @ Nov 12 2014, 21:29:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Я про итальянскую даже не знал. Только из Германии слушал.
Эта тоже убийственная .Старый добрый депрессив. С давно забытым вокалом. Романтика одним словом
Hehe same here, I had forgotten about Italian Apolokia, and now I'm listening to their discography after a long time. Its a very good band and this is a very good demo with depressive BM vocals - the style of music reminds me of German Nagelfar. true_black.gif
EDIT: After listening to band's entire discography, I'm disappointed. The first demo is great and that's it, I didn't enjoy their other albums that came after the first demo. 21.gif
thenecromancer
I don't think it's depressive BM what they play (neither in the 2 early demos nor in the latest releases), t.b.h., so i don't agree with the original uploader Funeral Frost, sorry...
In the first years, Apolokia's sound was very much influenced by norwegian black metal, indeed their former member moved to Norway after the release of the 2nd demo tape; I like a lot both the demos, but in my opinion their nowadays sound has become a bit too extreme... it's changed a lot since the early years, but it's still a worthy band, in my opinion. Average, let's say...
Moldavite
QUOTE(thenecromancer @ Feb 15 2018, 10:01:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it's depressive BM what they play (neither in the 2 early demos nor in the latest releases), t.b.h., so i don't agree with the original uploader Funeral Frost, sorry...
In the first years, Apolokia's sound was very much influenced by norwegian black metal, indeed their former member moved to Norway after the release of the 2nd demo tape; I like a lot both the demos, but in my opinion their nowadays sound has become a bit too extreme... it's changed a lot since the early years, but it's still a worthy band, in my opinion. Average, let's say...
dooo.gif Yeah it's not depressive BM but the vocals on this first demo are clearly influenced by bands like Burzum and Forgotten Woods (sounds like Aaskereia later in the late '90s), grim and painful and I - like that - it's one of the things that make this demo stand out from the rest of Apolokia's discography.

The demo sounds very German-ish, if I didn't know they were from Italy I'd think they're German because of song structures, guitar melodies and so on. smile1.gif This sort of sound is what made German bands special, Italians were special for gloomy, dark, symphonic sound mostly.

And yeah - their "newer" sound sounds like a completely different band, Kathaarian Vortex has over-polished sound and the entire thing is so average and boring to listen to. It's a shame really, this band had so much potential.
wreak
Please Reup¡¡¡
thenecromancer
This compilation includes both the demos of this band:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.